Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: price

price

whats a good price range to stay in for a beginning collector when buying game used merchandise? i saw a matt kemp jersey for 799 and i think that is totally insane but is that fair market value

Re: price

If you like the hot, "now" stars of this minute, you will pay top dollar. I would suggest if you don't have crazy money to spend, pick a player that you like for your own reasons who is at least slightly under the radar. $799 does not seem too crazy to me for Kemp, but I haven't been following his items. Maybe you could limit your purchases to $200-$250 and see if you find anything you like at that price. You have to be patient and my own advice would be to think when buying a piece "Will I display this at some point? Will I have space for that?" If the answer is no, I won't buy it.

One quick example, a couple of years back, a Julius Thomas Broncos jersey was sold for somewhere close to $3k, if I remember correctly. Around that same time, Shannon Sharp 's super bowl worn jersey from the Ravens sold for just under $1k.

well i have two kemp jerseys but i haven't paid that much for one but yeah i definitely search for lower end players at a cheaper cost