Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Lou Gehrig attributed Glove??

Anyone see this auction for a "attributed Lou Gehrig. Rookie glove". They pretty offer no real evidence to show how they attribute it to Gehrig besides he's using a similar one. Had a letter from a guy I've never heard of. Also like this part of the description

"This item has been extensively evaluated by our vintage baseball authentication team. No disputes or differing opinions from any and all outside authenticators will warrant any type of refund or dispute."

http://infiniteauctions.com/Draper__..._1-LOT723.aspx

Re: Lou Gehrig attributed Glove. LOL

I literally was just looking at this glove on the website and was thinking the same thing lol.

Marshall Perkins is the owner. He also owns verified autographs

i never understood how auction houses get away with authenticating their own items before auctioning them (unless it is a 100% photo match). it is such a conflict of interest. there is no incentive to fail something - if someone buys something and then complains about authenticity, they just accept the return, give a refund, and there is no repercussion. everything should go to an outside expert for examination. some auction houses are WAY worse than others.

I haven't posted here in a while until I saw this thread...i know marshall very well... and I'm not posting in any biased way

If there is ever ANY issue with ANY item he would pull it in a heartbeat...if you guys know something is off please tell him because he definitely is not trying to
    Slide anything by on anyone and would greatly appreciate the niche experts input

He started his auction house because he was tired of getting jacked around with other auction houses...he is also a collector

He's a great guy and I'm honored to call him a friend

I hope the mods take this thread down or at least clean it up since his character is being questioned unjustifiably...it's only fair since if there ever is the slightest negative statement made about Goldin it's removed before one can blink

Thanks

Banned

The Pujols jersey was purchased by our consignor from SCP Auctions. Visit the auction lot as the SCP label has been added to the listing. The Correa jersey is simply a professional model jersey with a starting bid of $200. I am open to any and all questions from any and all collectors in regards to all items listed in www.infiniteauctions.com.

Did you see the photomatched Michael Jordan, LeBron James, Allen Iverson, Derek Jeter and John Elway Jerseys????? ARE THOSE A JOKE AS WELL.

Any Questions??? Is this what the forum has come to? I've spent hundreds of hours away from my wife and kids sorting through photos, speaking with experts, authenticators, equipment managers and dealing with all types of people to present an auction to the public and rather than someone contact me at info@infiniteaucitons.com or call me at 480-988-5847...... We are here. I pull items just like any other auction house if valid information is provided.

PROVIDE SOMETHING FACTUAL AND ASSIST! Otherwise you're a gossiping child in my opinion.

LAME @PHIL3:16 Come and see me. I mean that. I'll be at the next national.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
    The Pujols jersey was purchased by our consignor from SCP Auctions. Visit the auction lot as the SCP label has been added to the listing. The Correa jersey is simply a professional model jersey with a starting bid of $200. I am open to any and all questions from any and all collectors in regards to all items listed in www.infiniteauctions.com.

Did you see the photomatched Michael Jordan, LeBron James, Allen Iverson, Derek Jeter and John Elway Jerseys????? ARE THOSE A JOKE AS WELL.

Any Questions??? Is this what the forum has come to? I've spent hundreds of hours away from my wife and kids sorting through photos, speaking with experts, authenticators, equipment managers and dealing with all types of people to present an auction to the public and rather than someone contact me at info@infiniteaucitons.com or call me at 480-988-5847...... We are here. I pull items just like any other auction house if valid information is provided.

PROVIDE SOMETHING FACTUAL AND ASSIST! Otherwise you're a gossiping child in my opinion.

Why don't you provide factual evidence supporting your Lou Gehrig. "Attributed" glove besides "we found a photo of him using one that looks like this. Your description says it has solid provenance, yet your description or letter mention no real provenance. I can find other first basemen gloves that look like ones Gehrig used.

How does posting a similar looking glove make it a match? Reminds me of that babe ruth bat auction from awhile back.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall View Post

My apologies - I should have provided my factual evidence to assist you, the professional who has spent countless hours speaking with experts on the items within your own auction.

Pujols Jersey - This jersey originated on eBay and sold for a paltry $346. Here is a link http://www.ebay.com/itm/221963438646?ul_noapp=true

Doesn't matter if it came from SCP or eBay really - the front "5" is absolutely the wrong size and placement on the jersey. The gap between the top of the number and the middle is wayyyy too large. The name on the back is also incorrect and looks like it was done at a local sporting good shop. I am guessing these inconsistencies are what drive you to list this same jersey over and over at each auction and the reason it continues to sell for $300-$600.

Correa Jersey - Originally you listed this jersey as a game used jersey from Correas rookie year. Of course that is impossible because the front tagging shows it to be a 2013 jersey. Correa didn't debut until 2015. This too appears in auction after auction on infiniteauctions.com. I guess you got it right this time by calling it a "professional model jersey". My apologies, I spoke too soon and I am glad you consulted with experts to get it right.

I have no idea about your photomatched Jordan's, elways, jeters, etc. Nor do I really care.

I also have never seen a company need to put a disclaimer on an item such as the "Gehrig" glove where you are basically not going to investigate or listen to any other "experts" on the glove's authenticity and that the buyer is basically stuck with it. That in of itself speaks volumes about your conviction on the glove's authenticity.

Challenging forum members to "meet you" is laughable. What are we in 8th grade? Why don't you go to the national and get some better "experts, authenticators, equipment managers".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sherbal15 View Post
    My apologies - I should have provided my factual evidence to assist you, the professional who has spent countless hours speaking with experts on the items within your own auction.

Pujols Jersey - This jersey originated on eBay and sold for a paltry $346. Here is a link http://www.ebay.com/itm/221963438646?ul_noapp=true

Doesn't matter if it came from SCP or eBay really - the front "5" is absolutely the wrong size and placement on the jersey. The gap between the top of the number and the middle is wayyyy too large. The name on the back is also incorrect and looks like it was done at a local sporting good shop. I am guessing these inconsistencies are what drive you to list this same jersey over and over at each auction and the reason it continues to sell for $300-$600.

Correa Jersey - Originally you listed this jersey as a game used jersey from Correas rookie year. Of course that is impossible because the front tagging shows it to be a 2013 jersey. Correa didn't debut until 2015. This too appears in auction after auction on infiniteauctions.com. I guess you got it right this time by calling it a "professional model jersey". My apologies, I spoke too soon and I am glad you consulted with experts to get it right.

I have no idea about your photomatched Jordan's, elways, jeters, etc. Nor do I really care.

I also have never seen a company need to put a disclaimer on an item such as the "Gehrig" glove where you are basically not going to investigate or listen to any other "experts" on the glove's authenticity and that the buyer is basically stuck with it. That in of itself speaks volumes about your conviction on the glove's authenticity.

Challenging forum members to "meet you" is laughable. What are we in 8th grade? Why don't you go to the national and get some better "experts, authenticators, equipment managers".
    Sherbal. Thank you for the useful information on the Pujols jersey. The Pujols jersey will be pulled and mailed back to SCP. Information like that helps the collecting community and assists me. Otherwise I'm not interested in vague opinions or gossip. As for your last comment. I'm not interested.