Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Lou Gehrig Authentication Process

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    Marshall,

Your reputation follows you, remember that. Goodluck.
    Thank you Phil316 and I apologize for the tone of my previous comment. That reputation rule applies to all of us and I wouldn't mind peacefully speaking with you privately not on a grand stage such as the forum as I would like to share some pertinent information with you. Further, I am always looking more information as I am first and foremost an authenticator. I've have successfully photomatched over $3 million in game used memorabilia over the last 10 years.

"Lou Gehrig attributed Glove. LOL". So many GUU members have an unrelenting thirst for negativity. This title alone was a major insult to my business, the consignor and my body of work. I'm standing up for authentic items being auctioned off to the collecting community. If someone brings facts to the table, I can work with that information to protect collectors as I have done since this discussion started. I don't mind a healthy discussion and thank you for your input.

Re: Lou Gehrig attributed Glove. LOL

Marshall,

We are a fairly tight community here on GUU. We try and tell it like it is. If something bothers us or rubs us the wrong way we discuss it.

I think an opinion or photo style match just isn't enough for a piece like this. We are talking big $$$ and there just has to be more than just that. But it is a great looking early glove!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Re: Lou Gehrig Authentication Process

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
    Thank you Phil316 and I apologize for the tone of my previous comment. That reputation rule applies to all of us and I wouldn't mind peacefully speaking with you privately not on a grand stage such as the forum as I would like to share some pertinent information with you. Further, I am always looking more information as I am first and foremost an authenticator. I've have successfully photomatched over $3 million in game used memorabilia over the last 10 years.

"Lou Gehrig attributed Glove. LOL". So many GUU members have an unrelenting thirst for negativity. This title alone was a major insult to my business, the consignor and my body of work. I'm standing up for authentic items being auctioned off to the collecting community. If someone brings facts to the table, I can work with that information to protect collectors as I have done since this discussion started. I don't mind a healthy discussion and thank you for your input.
    Perhaps it would help to describe the origins of the glove? How did the consignor obtain it? Can you somehow link it's past to Gehrig? I know it's not a smoking gun, but it could go a long way with bidders to know it's history. Just my two cents.

Banned

Re: Lou Gehrig Authentication Details.

• This glove was purchased by the consignor in the mid 80's at an estate sale as a Lou Gehrig Game Worn Glove during the earliest part of his career. The estate sale had a number of rare New York Yankee items from this era including signed contracts, personal artifacts from players, game used bats and so on that were purchased by the consignor.
    • Also note that the consignor of the glove owns one of the finest private New York Yankees 1920-1940 Collections in existence.
    • It is a proven fact that Lou Gehrig wore a Draper & Maynard Model #652 Model (Right Hand) 1st Base Mitt during a number of games from 1923 until 1926.
    • The glove is original as manufactured according to Draper & Maynard catalogues from the era.
    • The glove is of accurate size and weight according two other Lou Gehrig attributed gloves that have recently sold at auction. (Neither being photomatched or guaranteed game used)
    • Extremely similar gloves are seen worn by Gehrig in a number of photos from 1923-1926 while playing for the New York Yankees.
    • Usually provenance on an item that is almost a century old is just a story. The century old story of the original acquiring of the glove from Gehrig is absent but the details of the history of him using this exact right hand D&M model #652 glove are accurate and present. Hopefully bidders will bid according to their confidence in the information provided.
    Thanks to all GUU members who have posted or viewed this thread. This is my final post. For further information please contact me at info@infiniteauctions.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  

One of the world's finest yankees collectors would have provided the estate sale information to the auction house right? And if this collector is so renowned wouldnt it be in their interest to state their name to add legitimacy to the "bought at estate sale" provenance? Like why would the seller leave those two key factors out?

Banned

Re: Lou Gehrig Authentication Details

The consignor of the item is offering his personal information to users who have placed a bid on the item.

If hes so well known why only tell bidders? Isnt that important info that would entice more bidders? None of this is making sense.....let's pretend he's a super private guy, why not at least tell the origin of who's estare sale it came out of and what other yankees relics were included?

Quote Originally Posted by Juicyfruit66 View Post
    If hes so well known why only tell bidders? Isnt that important info that would entice more bidders? None of this is making sense.....let's pretend he's a super private guy, why not at least tell the origin of who's estare sale it came out of and what other yankees relics were included?
    It is common for consigners to want to stay private and not have their names out there. Often the auction will advise a prospective bidder who they are and even arrange for them to speak to the consignor which is perfectly acceptable. In auctions like this, the auction house has one their due diligence, presented what they know an it is up to buyers to decide if they feel comfortable bidding. I see no problem here..

To have people like yanks insinuate that the item is a joke is irresponsible, especially if they have provided no evidence or diligence to confirm why t it is a joke. Frankly, its unfair to the consignor and the auction house to try and paint an item as being misrepresented or "bad".

Banned

Re: Lou Gehrig Authentication Details

If you're asking me to post his contact information on the forum..... That's not going to happen. If you contact me directly as I've insisted on several posts...... I will have the consignor contact you and he is extremely knowledgeable in regards to vintage baseball items of the era. He is honestly one of the most informed collectors that I've had the honor to meet.