Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Lou Gehrig attributed Glove. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by seanbaseball View Post
    Seems like your job is to make the best case for the glove and people here are saying they aren't buying the case u made. It happens.
    If you are not going to buy the case presented, fine. That is your choice as a buyer. But to publicly try and shame an item without concrete eviene of why you are shaming it is wrong.

The Pujols post responsibly explaining its problems is a good example of how it should be done and the action taken by the auction house is what you want to see.

Also, did Yanks call the auction house to voice his concerns prior to posting here?

Banned

Re: Lou Gehrig attributed Glove Authentication Process

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    It is common for consigners to want to stay private and not have their names out there. Often the auction will advise a prospective bidder who they are and even arrange for them to speak to the consignor which is perfectly acceptable. In auctions like this, the auction house has one their due diligence, presented what they know an it is up to buyers to decide if they feel comfortable bidding. I see no problem here..

To have people like yanks insinuate that the item is a joke is irresponsible, especially if they have provided no evidence or diligence to confirm why t it is a joke. Frankly, its unfair to the consignor and the auction house to try and paint an item as being misrepresented or "bad".

Thank you......

Banned

Re: Lou Gehrig Authentication Details

If you are not going to buy the case presented, fine. That is your choice as a buyer. But to publicly try and shame an item without concrete eviene of why you are shaming it is wrong.

The Pujols post responsibly explaining its problems is a good example of how it should be done and the action taken by the auction house is what you want to see.

Also, did Yanks call the auction house to voice his concerns prior to posting here?
    Thank you once again.........

They don't even have concrete evidence that it is real.

And the fact that they say "No disputes or differing opinions from any and all outside authenticators will warrant any type of refund or dispute." shows they know it wouldn't pass authentication from people who's opinion is actually valued when coming to professional model gloves in this hobby.

Also I didn't call them but I did contact them days before this post. And I'm sure several other people have emailed them before me.

I don't see anything fraudulent or intentionally misleading here like the Pujols they were good enough to pull when they realized what they had or didn't have for that matter. This is just a case of little evidence that's nothing more than circumstantial. I think the auction makes its case which is reasonably weak in my mind but is as much as you can really make on a glove like this without direct provenance. Clearly the disclaimer statement in the auction says it all. If u buy we wash our hands of it. I think that makes a loud statement and buyers should be smart enough to understand what that means. No reason to say this item is fraudulent, its just is what it is............. a maybe, could be, who knows if Gehrig wore it glove and the price should reflect that.