Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: World Series Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by mrjohnmalton View Post
    eBay item number:172391020928

I have no doubt in my mind that this ball was, in fact, used in game 3 of the World Series. What I don't understand is that it has already reached more than 200 dollars with 16 bids, and more than 4 days left (as of posting). There is no way of ever knowing any of the game details of this particular baseball, and even if there was, there isn't really any way of proving any of it. Am I crazy for thinking this is crazy?

Nope you're not crazy. I view it exactly as you do. If this ball was cheap, I could see considering buying it. But you are exactly right, there is no way to prove this was used on the field. I personally will not buy anything without an MLB hologram on it.

Banned

Talking Re: World Series Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley2010 View Post
    Did anyone see Rizzo give the last out baseball to Tom Ricketts? You could clearly see the MLB Holo on it. Anthony even went as far to say the baseball was worth in the 3 million dollar range! I contacted MLB and the Cubs asking about baseballs myself and was told they will be available soon. I think 2K for a pitch in the dirt is very reasonable considering the history involved. I hope there's one left for me!!
    That wasn't the only one Rizzo grabbed and kept. I watched a special on the Cubs on WGN that ended a few minutes ago, and the final out of NLCS Game 6 was shown (final 2 outs actually, as it was a double-play). Rizzo pocketed that one, as well.

Dave Miedema

Checked the new listing out of curiosity and there hasn't been a single bid since the ball was re-listed with a $799.99 starting bid.

MLB has the rights to everything in WS and ASG. The Royals actually had to pay MLB for one of the bases last year. And it was not cheap. It was the 3rd base from Hosmers dash. Over 10k.