Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Heads Up NFL Auctions "Game Uused" Footballs

Just wanted to give a heads up to people who may buy some game used footballs from NFL Auctions, some make be practice balls. I bought a Cardinals one last week listed as game used on 10/17. After getting the ball, I"m pretty certain it wasn't used during the game but probably for pre game warm ups. It was missing the number under the logo(refs mark the game balls 1-12 for each team) and it was missing a referee mark. So the ball wasn't approved for game used. It also came with a cert from PSA stating game used and obviously that isn't correct.

I couldn't tell in the photo listing last week because the PSA cert card was in the way of where the number under the logo should have been. NFL Auctions is refunding me my money.

There is a new listing for another one also

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/iSynAp...3&pgmode2=team

Re: Heads Up NFL Auctions "Game Uused" Footballs

What if the ball had the number under the logo and no other referee marks like on the ends? Do some game balls not get any other markings except for under logo?

I've only seen balls with both the number and referee marks. Now I'm referring only to footballs with the logos that started after 2015.

The Salute to Service Raiders balls they are selling only have the number under the logo. The one I just bought last week is a 'b12' with no other markings whatsoever. The ball does show dirt stains though. They currently have another one for sale signed by DJ Hayden that only has a 'b9' I believe. These are from the Broncos Sunday night game this year and it wasn't cheap so if what you're saying is true I may want to contact them also. I flew from Philly to Oakland for the game with my wife and that's why I spent what I did. Let me know your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by RaidernatioN View Post
    The Salute to Service Raiders balls they are selling only have the number under the logo. The one I just bought last week is a 'b12' with no other markings whatsoever. The ball does show dirt stains though. They currently have another one for sale signed by DJ Hayden that only has a 'b9' I believe. These are from the Broncos Sunday night game this year and it wasn't cheap so if what you're saying is true I may want to contact them also. I flew from Philly to Oakland for the game with my wife and that's why I spent what I did. Let me know your thoughts.
    I have no idea about those. Im sure its fine because it has the atleast one of the markings on it. My post was more about footballs that have no markings at all.

Just to follow up... I reached out to NFL Auctions and below is the response I got this morning.

Not all game used footballs will have game markings on them by the ref. The Raiders sent these game used footballs into NFL Auction, they were PSA DNA authenticated as well.

For future bidding, please note that not all game used footballs on the NFL Auction site will have ref markings on them.

Thank you,
    NFL Auction

Hope this helps anyone that was questioning balls being sold by NFL Auctions. -Dom

Just to follow up... I reached out to NFL Auctions and below is the response I got this morning.

Not all game used footballs will have game markings on them by the ref. The Raiders sent these game used footballs into NFL Auction, they were PSA DNA authenticated as well.

For future bidding, please note that not all game used footballs on the NFL Auction site will have ref markings on them.

Thank you,
    NFL Auction

Hope this helps anyone that was questioning balls being sold by NFL Auctions. -Dom

They sent me the same response. But as in my football case when you look at all game photos and see all the footballs have markings. Then something is up with mine having no markings. So clearly there was a mess up with pre game footballs being called game used.

Thank you,
    NFL Auction

Also I think the referee mark on yours is the B for Clete Blakeman because he was the head ref for the broncos raiders game. Then if you look at the chiefs football they have listed. It has B9 and also 135 wrote on the ball. So it was probably used in two games because Blakeman was the head ref on 10/23. Then the 135 is for Peter Morelli who was the ref on 10/16(chiefs raiders).

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Also I think the referee mark on yours is the B for Clete Blakeman because he was the head ref for the broncos raiders game. Then if you look at the chiefs football they have listed. It has B9 and also 135 wrote on the ball. So it was probably used in two games because Blakeman was the head ref on 10/23. Then the 135 is for Peter Morelli who was the ref on 10/16(chiefs raiders).
    That is 100% incorrect. The "B" stands for "Backup"
    http://operations.nfl.com/the-game/g...ll-procedures/
    "For these randomly selected games only, the back-up footballs will be used for each team during the second half."

Quote Originally Posted by Abzk01 View Post
    That is 100% incorrect. The "B" stands for "Backup"
    http://operations.nfl.com/the-game/g...ll-procedures/
    "For these randomly selected games only, the back-up footballs will be used for each team during the second half."

I disagree. I don't think the balls would be marked with a B. If they were, we'd see a lot more marked B. But what are the odds the only ones marked with a B are when Blakeman is the head ref.