Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Mickey Mantle game glove

Does anyone know what model Rawlings glove Mantle would have used as a major league player? Is there a glove expert I could contact? Thanks for any information.

Re: Mickey Mantle game glove

I’m unable to provide you the contact information, but if you want to provide me your questions, I will forward them and get you the information.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

I have been wanting to get a Mantle glove like the one he used in big league games. There are a number of different Mantle gloves listed such as the M9 Triple Crown model, the CJ 99 Signature model and the MM 5 Professional model. My guess is that the big league game glove would be the professional model but that might not be the case. If you expert could tell you what Rawlings called the glove Mantle used in major league games I would appreciate it. And thanks for your help Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by cjclong View Post
    I have been wanting to get a Mantle glove like the one he used in big league games. There are a number of different Mantle gloves listed such as the M9 Triple Crown model, the CJ 99 Signature model and the MM 5 Professional model. My guess is that the big league game glove would be the professional model but that might not be the case. If you expert could tell you what Rawlings called the glove Mantle used in major league games I would appreciate it. And thanks for your help Tony.
    Does this help?http://www.vintagebaseballgloveforum...php?f=10&t=857

rick

http://www.theswearingens.com/mick/glove.htm

these are photos of the best examples of Mantle game used gloves. Be aware that the same models you will find now may look different as Mickey was able to have gloves customized to his personal taste.

Rick

I appreciate the help. Does anyone know what Rawlings called the glove like Mantle used that they sold to the public? Professional model, ec?

rick

sorry, should have mentioned that. He used an HH glove in the 50's, but is mostly known for the xpg-6-h glove in the 60's. Open split web, with a leather connector in the retail model. Mantle often had it replaced often with a spiral laced connector.

Rick

rick

Just saw this xpg6-h glove that sold on ebay. This is the model he would have used at some point in the 60's.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rawlings-Mic...vip=true&rt=nc

Rick