Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Rickey Henderson Yankees Jersey ?

I have been searching for one of these for a long time. Can anyone confirm a few questions.

1. Did he cut the tail off of all of his jerseys with the Yankees. I have seen this, but have never seen this done again with any other teams he was one.
    2. I have seen a ton of Yankees jerseys of his with holes in the collar and neck. But rarely see holes in the collar and neck of other yankees jerseys. Common sense says he would beat up a jersey with his aggressive style of play, but how can he get holes in the collar and or neck area of jerseys?

Thanks in advance for any insight anyone can offer.

TW

Re: Rickey Henderson Yankees Jersey ?

I' ve seen a number of Henderson tail cut off post Yankees..neck holes, not familiar with.
    a great place to go it pricerealized.com and get a subscription..you will be able to see historical auctions results and the original listings...

I just bought a Henderson Yankees jersey, so I might be able to help. I don't have possession of it yet, but email me at john@resphotomatching.com and I can let you know on this when I get it.
    John Robinson
    Founder and Owner
    Resolution Photomatching
    john@resphotomatching.com

There are 119 Henderson jersey auction lot sales that are listed on pricerealized.com.
    Just an outstanding resource.
    4 Henderson Yankees jerseys and all are hemmed

Thanks for all the help

Hello,
    Maybe I can help a bit. I've been collecting Henderson jersey gamers for many years. The Henderson Yankee jerseys I have, both home and away from 87 and 88 all had tailored or cut bottoms in the front. Many, but not all of his jerseys from my collection have this same cut from varying teams. None of my pullovers from the 80's have this. Only the button downs have it trimmed like this. But I also have several where they are not cut or have a minus one inch length on the tagging. Hope this helps you.