Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Griffey Game Used bat...

So I've been a massive Griffey fan since I was a kid. I've got a few of his bats but this one has always been a bit of a mystery. My dad bought this one for me at a show back in the early 90s and it has just sat in the collection ever since. He says he thinks he bought if from Mill Creek but can't be certain. We have never known the exact year of the bat and so here I am. Was just wondering if somebody could help me with some details as to the year and any additional info they can provide on the bat. Thank you very much for your time fellas...

Jake
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Griffey Game Used bat...

The LS block lettering I have seen in Jr. bats are Circa 1988-89. The LS rookie (89) block lettering I have seen are mostly black, however if you watch on youtube his first MLB at bat, when he hits a double, he appears to be using a blonde LS (not sure if it is this same block lettering though?) Junior also used blonde LS "signature" models circa( 93) as seen at this link:

https://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball/1...ription-071515

The autograph looks to be a (rookie) period signature. Is the handle taped or appear to have been taped? Mill Creek Sports supplied a good majority of his game used equipment. Do you still have the COA from them?

We bought a few bats from Mill Creek in the early 90s. This was the only blonde bat we purchased. As a kid, it was my least favorite because it wasn't the black taped LS I was used to seeing him use. We have a few letters from Mill Creek stashed away somewhere, it's just a matter of finding them. There isn't any tape on the handle, nor does it look like there ever was. I agree that it's def a very early signature. And thank you so much for all your info! Really appreciate it!

Banned

Jake- Looks like a sweet rookie/minor league bat.
    Here is a pic of a minor league bat I owned when he was on the San Bernadino Spirit.

Nick and Jake, both awesome Jr. bats thanks for sharing. I would be curious to see the other Jr. bats you have!

Let me know if this bat is for sale. daniels@northville.com

Thank you all so much for all your help!! It's great to finally narrow down which years this bay may actually come from. Greatly appreciated fellas

Thanks Nick for the information! I never took into consideration that this could possibly be a minor league bat. Thanks so much for posting pictures too! Great looking bat and really helps point me in a direction. Thanks again pal!