Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

A Score Board Jersey?????

My gut says this is almost certainly a Score Board. Agree????

https://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball/1...ription-071515
    ALWAYS buying PHOTO MATCHED Marcus Allen and Anfernee Hardaway jerseys. Also always buying Tennessee Volunteer jerseys and anything Tony Delk.

Re: A Score Board Jersey?????

I am not sure that it is a Scoreboard. Notice the jersey in the auction has the "Athletics" set up higher than where it usually should be. The team's home uniforms were this way on the first homestand in 1990, then were replaced with correctly set "Athletics" after the first roadtrip was completed.

That batch of uniforms was sold to Hartel Sports and I recall in May, 1990 getting a listing in the mail. I had to have a jersey so I bought a Reggie Harris.

I would research a bit more on this one. In addition, aren't all the Scoreboard jerseys autographed as well? I did not see an autograph on the HA auction jersey.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by athletics61 View Post
    I am not sure that it is a Scoreboard. Notice the jersey in the auction has the "Athletics" set up higher than where it usually should be. The team's home uniforms were this way on the first homestand in 1990, then were replaced with correctly set "Athletics" after the first roadtrip was completed.

That batch of uniforms was sold to Hartel Sports and I recall in May, 1990 getting a listing in the mail. I had to have a jersey so I bought a Reggie Harris.

I would research a bit more on this one. In addition, aren't all the Scoreboard jerseys autographed as well? I did not see an autograph on the HA auction jersey.

Don
    Hi Don...you may be onto something.
    ALWAYS buying PHOTO MATCHED Marcus Allen and Anfernee Hardaway jerseys. Also always buying Tennessee Volunteer jerseys and anything Tony Delk.

No
    It's not

Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post
    No
    It's not
    Does it look good to you Ken? In your opinion?

I can't say if it's real
    I can just say we didn't do canseco with 1990 tags and wouldn't have let any out of the building without an autograph

Banned

It looks like it may well be OK. In addition to the raised script and the lack of an autograph, the tag on all the signed 1990 Canseco homes floating around was a strip tag that reads "2 90". None of those used a flag tag. I'm fully convinced that this not only is NOT a Score Board jersey, but is very likely a team piece.

Dave Miedema