Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Opinion Tom Brady Alternate

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TOM-BRADY-S...014?nav=SEARCH

The Mears letter says it cannot be documented as game worn but seller is selling as game worn. I am confused.

Does anyone have an opinion if this is game worn?

Re: Opinion Tom Brady Alternate

IMO it's not worn and it's not the jersey
    For some reason I can't post photos
    email me and I'll send them too you.

Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYS4EVR View Post
    IMO it's not worn and it's not the jersey
    For some reason I can't post photos
    email me and I'll send them too you.
    Opps,

alluwantn@yahoo.com

Banned

Lightbulb Re: Opinion Tom Brady Alternate

Highly unlikely, but I blame the seller, not MEARS. MEARS gave it a grade of A5, which means that it has all the characteristics of a gamer (as opposed to a pro-cut jersey that is a different size, or has a different sleeve or tail cut), but the A5 grade does NOT guarantee game use. It might be used, and it also might not be. This is their policy for jerseys from 1987 and later...jerseys from this time frame can only get the game used A10 grade with provenance. Without provenance, the best a jersey from the last 30 years can do is an A8, and that would need obvious game wear and/or the presence of special characteristics known to that player's uniforms. In my methods of authentication, it would be a piece I would issue a LOA on calling it game-issued...all proper specifications but no sign of game use. Either way, it appears that the seller is trying to promote it as being game used, although MEARS' grade for it doesn't automatically deem it as such.

Dave Miedema

Michael is quite well known for trying to see something that isn't really there.

The sellers was asked why he is listing as game worn when LOA does not say that. His response.

The Patriots will not issue any letters. When they do Mears will issue a Grade of A-9 and or A-10. Those jerseys are important on their home and away jerseys not as important on their one day alternative jerseys. When there is a team letter (very rarely) those jersey sell at auction at over 40K

This jersey was owned by a Colorado Who is one of the biggest NE collector. He has several jerseys and have received them through his connection with the club.

FYI Mears like PSA have database which includes all records on the manufacturer of their jerseys. They know how many jerseys were ordered by the teams for every player.
    Cond’t. When there is no team letter Mears uses the manufacturer data base. They will issue a Grade of A-5. Most Brady gamers graded by Mears have a A-5 Grade.

Lastly, team orders only two alternates jerseys per player per game. This jersey is one of the two ordered by NE for the Sept 23, 2007 game. Thank you for your interest and I hope this info explains the grading company and how they can say Game Used.

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Opinion Tom Brady Alternate

A lot of mumbo-jumbo but still no justification for guaranteeing game use on a MEARS A5 jersey, something MEARS themselves wouldn't even do. Sounds like the guy's other job is writing government regulations.

Dave M.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    A lot of mumbo-jumbo but still no justification for guaranteeing game use on a MEARS A5 jersey, something MEARS themselves wouldn't even do. Sounds like the guy's other job is writing government regulations.

Dave M.
    Thanks Dave and to everyone that has replied. Looks like another case of a seller hyping up something that it's not.