Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Paragon Auctions - '75 Red Sox Jerseys Opinions please

Hey Y'all, Paragon has a few '75 sox jerseys up for auction. Just wondering your guys thoughts. None have the Mass. Bicentennial patch, but if I understand correctly, these may have been passed on to minor league affiliates. Comes down to this, were these jerseys used by the big league team. Link to the one I am interested in, Reggie Cleveland;

http://www.paragonauctions.com/1975_...R-LOT8116.aspx

Banned

Cool Re: Paragon Auctions - '75 Red Sox Jerseys Opinions please

They look to be MLB Red Sox jerseys. and the one I would figure you were really interested in...the Reggie Cleveland, looks good from the photos, with the patch likely removed in MiLB recycling. FTR, the Massachusetts Bicentennial patch, if I recall correctly, wasn't worn on the 1975 Red Sox road gamers.

Dave Miedema

Re: Paragon Auctions - '75 Red Sox Jerseys Opinions please

Thanks for the help Dave!

Re: Paragon Auctions - '75 Red Sox Jerseys Opinions please

Columbo... just one more thing. Are we sure the Pawtucket team of other affiliates didn't wear the same style in '75? Did McAuliffe make the sox affiliates knits in '75? I understand the jersey was likely handed down, just want to be sure it's a 'Boston' Red sox jersey.

Thanks, Marty

Banned

Lightbulb Re: Paragon Auctions - '75 Red Sox Jerseys Opinions please

Quote Originally Posted by martyfromcanada View Post
    Columbo... just one more thing. Are we sure the Pawtucket team of other affiliates didn't wear the same style in '75? Did McAuliffe make the sox affiliates knits in '75? I understand the jersey was likely handed down, just want to be sure it's a 'Boston' Red sox jersey.

Thanks, Marty
    The Pawtucket team did wear similar home jerseys in that era, but the amount of wear leads me to believe that they were worn at both levels. Road greys normally had the BOSTON front changed to PAWSOX.

Dave M.