Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Question on Chicago White Sox Uniform 1981

Did the ChiSox wear the navy pants during the 1981 season, or only the white? I know many of the '81 cards show the dark pants, but these may have been photos taken in 1980. I believe they may have worn dark pants in ST for '81?

Also, would be interested in knowing if the ChiSox ever had player’s names on back of their bullpen/dugout jackets (windbreakers). I have a '76-81 era Wilson jacket and it has no name on the back. I came across the photo below of Rusty Kuntz from I believe 1981, which I thought might have a name on the back. Further investigation indicates that it is probably says "Chicago" like the Capitol Ace jacket below. The Sox logos are slightly different between the Wilson and Capitol Ace jackets. It appears that Kuntz has the Capitol Ace jacket with "Chicago" on the back. I just wanted to confirm that they did not have the names on these types’ jackets during this era. Appreciate your feedback.

Name:  jacket.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  20.9 KB Name:  Capture 11.JPG
Views: 167
Size:  17.4 KBName:  Capture 55.JPG
Views: 158
Size:  15.7 KBName:  Capture 77.JPG
Views: 152
Size:  20.1 KB

Banned

Cool White Sox

I don't recall ever seeing player names on this style of jacket. Plus, Capitol Ace's uniform supplier relationship with the Chisox only existed from 1979-81, and 1981 found the Japanese manufacturer and the team feuding over the new style to be introduced in 1982, which the Sox had already arranged with Sand-Knit to produce. I'll have to research the pants question.

Dave Miedema