Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

New Football Items

In the last AMI auction I won 3 jerseys, Ray Lewis, Mike Rozier and Dameyune Craig. Of those the Ray Lewis is a great piece that really make my collection better. I was able to inspect the jersey and photo match it before the auction. It was probably the easiest jersey I have ever photo matched. It was definately use in at least 5 games and I believe 6. He was wearing a different jersey vs the Bronco's 10/26/03. I cannot definately say vs the Jags 11/2/03 but it is not he same as the Bronco jersey. The following games he has this jersey on: 11/16 vs Dolphins, 11-23 vs Seahawks, 11/30 vs 49ers, 12/7 vs Bengals and 1/3/04 vs Titans. The marks on the shoulder occured in the Seahawk game and are easy to see. The hole in the LH sleeve occured in the Titans game.

The Rozier was photo matched to the 49er game 10/14/90 and the Bucs 12/2/90. I collect Heisman winners.

The Craig has a Panther letter was photo matched easy too, by two repairs on the LH chest, Jags 8/4/00 and Ravens 8/18/00 preseason. This is not a significate jersey but, I met Craig a Auburn while taking my son to football camp. I'm a big Aubun fan and he was a good kid, and most of all I like it.

Also earlier in the month I won the Jim Kelly with the team letter on Ebay. I really like this jersey also. I have not been able to photo match this jersey. I have only found one picture on Getty and one on is web site of his rookie season. Still looking.

I also got the 2 Florida jerseys, Fred Taylor and Mike Peterson from Grey Flannel. I matched the Taylor to the Arkansas game 10/4/97. It had shoulder repairs then. These jersey came from Greg Goslin, Eq. manager.
    Anyone wants picture of these jerseys let me know.

Has anyone else recently got any football items?

Roger
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Re: New Football Items

WOW! That Ray Lewis jersey is nice. Great photo matches on it.

can i see more pictures of bills kelly jersey
    i am bills expert and i dont see ur kelly anywhere else before beacuse of the numbers font are different .....
    pictures of tag, front n back if possible
    thanks

Roger,

Congrats on the Lewis. That is the nicest I have seen in the hobby. I think that this speaks volumes about the kind of merchandise that AMI is offering in their auctions. They are offering high quality items from good sources, and in my opinion don't even need Lou to authenticate much of it as it speaks for itself. I was bidding on the Kelly as well. I believe that the unique repair style conformed by the equipment manager makes adds to the provenance. If I were you, I would send it to the equipment manager and see if he would write a letter on it explaining how the repairs were done back then.

Regards,
    Dave

Thanks, I think this is a great jersey also, that is why I wanted everyone to see it. I know there are other great jerseys out there, I would like to see some.

I have only seen one Lewis I knew was real for sale. It sold in NFL auctions a couple of years ago, over 10K, a black alternate jersey.

As for AMI, I have always had a good relationship. I have dealt with them since the first auction. I have bought 3 things that I was unhappy with and Victor took them back. That is why he lets me examine the items if I need to before bidding.

Attached are pictures of the Kelly. The repairs were done at Varas Dry Cleaners who laundered and repaired the Bills jerseys in that time period, 1986. 86-87 were the only Sand-Knit years for the Bills in Kelly's career, I believe. I do see plenty of picures with the font type, just cannot match it yet. I do have trouble matching the early 90's back items. Just not enough pictures avaliable.

Roger

Roger,
    First of all, it is really great to see somebody into NFL gamers as much as I am. I followed both of your jerseys throughout the auctions and was out of the picture early on both. But I think they are both just super examples as I too look to photo match. I found the Lewis pics, but was also stumped on the Kelly due to insufficient photos available. You really got 2 beauties. I recently picked up a very nice 2004 Marshall Faulk from Ron at California Sports Investments. It has the WETRAK labels on the neck that really helped me in choosing the jersey. I also did my homework before I bought it and realized most Faulk gamers are hemmed. Also the year label isn't indicative of the year of use. I haven't been able to find a photo match yet due to I can't find pics of 5 of the Rams home games. It also has the 10 year anniversary patch which is really sweet. I also have a 2002 Corey Dillon that I photo matched to games against the Tennessee Titans and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I posted a thread awhile back on it. I was so excited when I matched it! I agree with you that AMI has really been getting excellent examples of NFL jerseys that have good provenance and or photo matches. I like the added assurance of the pics as we all know the almighty LOA isn't worth a whole heck of a lot anymore unless it comes from the team or another reputable source. Anyways, I posted my Faulk to add to the post. Enjoy those jerseys!

Scott

If you have interest in selling the Lewis for a profit please contact me at acarter@sc.rr.com. Thanks, Brooke

what letter did u have with kelly jersey ???
    because bills NEVER wear this numbers font ....
    i have bills 35th anniversary book and theres no match at all I checked all numbers of 1 or 2s from 1986 to 1988ish beacuse bills started wearing champion in 88-89 ? and before they worn champion , the sand knit made bills jerseys in FISHNET styles.
    i think u might be burned for the KELLY jersey HOWEVER your other jerseys looks good with game wears on the shoulders and all
    thanks
    marcus

i did some quick research for you
    first of all kelly's first season is 1986 and i have photo from 1986 of him wearing sand knit with fishnet body , and the 1987 different numbers font, assuming champion took over in 1987 and bills worn fishnet also ... champion supplied bills until 1997.

what i am guessing someone added #12 on sand knit jersey that IS from late 70s to early 80s as kelly never worn this style BUT fishnet only....

marcus

Scott,

I saw the Faulk you have on his web site. Ron seems to have good stuff. I have not bought from him. I live in SE Missouri, so I am a Rams fan. I have the Faulk jersey were he broke Walter Peyton and Jim Browns TD records. I feel it is one of the most significate jerseys in my collection. I have several other Rams also. I think the We Trac, Prova now, is the best provenace in the business. The game detail on the web site, and certificate, and the tagging system they use on the jersey is better than anyone, period. My Faulk was used in Game 12 vs the Vikings, 11/30/2003. Photo's attached.

I have a Dillon as well. Mine was used 12/22/2002, vs the Saints. I have a great photo match on it also.

Scott, Thanks for the photos, its great HOF'er jersey.

Brooke, I have no interest in selling it. I usually wait till they are not worth what I had to pay for them.

Roger