Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: '10 Piratefest Live Update

Quote Originally Posted by pietraynor View Post
    Jerseys of Milledge but 3 or 400; Nothing of Moskos or Benson. Jay.
    They have Milledge jerseys? Which ones? Thanks

Yikes was PirateFest a disappointment this year. I've noticed that the prices have gone up considerably year after year. I didnt notice anything for under 100 and I thought prices were pretty ridiculous for the most part when comparing to years past. I ended up getting a Sanchez GI for 150 because it had a bit of a freyed tag and looks like it MAY have been worn, but i am not sure so I rolled the dice. In years past, I've picked up a few clearly worn jerseys being sold as GI so I thought why not. Also, interesting to note is that it is tagged '07 but the Pirates certificate I was given says '08.

My main goal this year was to get a bumble-bee jersey from the '79 TBTC weekend, but couldn't justify paying 250 for a uniform of a player who didnt even play in that game.

Usually the charm of PirateFest is that you can generally pick up jerseys at a great price and hope that the player actually turns out to be decent once the Buccos get rid of them. For example, my Doumit was had for $50 3 years ago and now I didnt even SEE a jersey for $50.

Well, I am done ranting, perhaps the hike in pricing is to make up for the growing number of people who have decided to return their season tickets!!

Day 2 report..no price reduction this morning, some new jerseys hit the sale, but nothing major..the Milledge jersey is the black alt, believe there's a home jersey as well..again 3-400 in price..Jay

Any update on the lineup cards?
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

No lineup card from that date..plenty of Reds including a season opener from '03 I think, but most are older...2003-2007..$25 each. Jay..prices not changed as of 3pm est. & nothing new hitting the sale. Jay.

With prices like that, are any jerseys selling? Those Milledge jersey prices are shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by pietraynor View Post
    No lineup card from that date..plenty of Reds including a season opener from '03 I think, but most are older...2003-2007..$25 each. Jay..prices not changed as of 3pm est. & nothing new hitting the sale. Jay.
    Thanks for looking
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Banned

If you could get a Milledge black alternate for $250 or so and/or a Doumit black alternate or white home for $250, i would take either or both.

thanks,

Coveh

covehsolaimani@msn.com

Headed back for the final day, disappointing showing thus far..couple of price reductions, Bay from 6 to 400 and Nady from 3-4 to 200 depending on style..no other reductions or new items put out..lot of team issued jerseys, and I haven't seen a lot of jerseys moving..those who have attended in the past know that they used to restock when they had room, they haven't had to do that this year as the same jerseys that were on the wire walls have been there for the most part, since opening on Friday. Rumors are they aren't reducing pricing on recent jerseys, just olders ones. Will update later today. Jay.

Thanks for the updates Jay! I have been debating on going back down there today, but I don't think its worth it. You're right that in previous years, they would re-stock regularly throughout the day, but evidently at those sky-high prices, there is no need to. Did you notice if any of the TBTC jerseys were marked down?