It is interesting someone brought this up because I thought about posting something similar.

I personally prefer my game used items unsigned; however, if it is a special event where the player is only wearing the jersey for one game (normally this is something for charity) then I prefer it being signed. For instance, I have won auctions at the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Red Barons for ALS jerseys and also for the 4th of July special jerseys and these were signed, which I would then prefer.

The reason why I thought about asking about this is because of my situation. I won an auction a few weeks ago for a David Brown (G) Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Military jersey and they asked me if I wanted it signed and I said that is fine because it was only worn for this one game. They have yet to get this player to sign it, and now I am seeing on their message boards that this guy was being sent down "briefly" because of a Pittsburgh Penguins Goalie being on the roster due to injury. I was thinking about telling them to forget the signature. This is my first hockey (NHL or minors) game worn jersey by the way.