Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Operation Bullpen: The Book

Hey gang

I read in the newest issue of Sweet Spot that the story of Operation Bullpen is going to be released as a book in October. I for one am going to reserve a copy and wanted to share the info with you. For those of you who don't know, Operation Bullpen was an FBI sting to shut down autograph forgeries within the hobby.

Name:  operationbullpen.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  93.6 KB

More info can be found on the homepage at
    http://www.operationbullpen.com/index.html

They have a deal at the bottom of the page which reads
    Preorder Operation Bullpen before September 15, 2006
    at http://www.operationbullpen.com/order.html
    and receive a signed copy by the author and free shipping!

Re: Operation Bullpen: The Book

My copy arrived today...after just 20 pages it is obvious that this is a must-read book for all sports memorabilia collectors and all autograph collectors..... It is the best twenty dollar deal in town.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

We're posted some previously unreleased excerpts on our website this week for those of you who won't be able to get the book until October.
    http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com

I'm also doing an interview with author Kevin Nelson and that story should be up within a couple of days.

If you're in this hobby, the book is fascinating...albeit a bit depressing because of the sheer number of unseen & unheard normal people who were taken by these crooks.

Just catching up on some SCDs that have been piling up around the house and got to an article written by the author of Operation Bullpen, Kevin Nelson.

It's in the December 8th issue and Mr. Nelson was nice enough to mention the Game Used Forum in his piece. Thanks for that, and to those who have not picked up a copy of the book, I think you're looking at a great holiday gift idea.

I'm making my way through the book and I find myself slowing down because I'm enjoying it so much I don't want it to end.

Mr. Nelson, if you're reading this, perhaps one day you'll be writing about how a group of collectors in these parts put game used forgers out of business and in jail.

The ordering info is in the first post in this thread.
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...