Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: February 2014 "Pick-Ups" Thread

I picked up this MLB Authenticated Trevor Plouffe Game Used Home Run Baseball
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Petr Sykora New Jersey Devils 96-97 White Set 2 Game Used Jersey PHOTOMATCHED

I was able to photomatch this jersey to a black mark on the crest on this hockey card

Justice game worn jacket and hat
    Always buying David Justice items

Quote Originally Posted by HunterFikes View Post
    I picked up this Joey Jones USFL jersey on Ebay yesterday. Jones was a star at Alabama and is now the head coach at South Alabama. The guy who sold it to me bought it at a thrift store for $10! After a ton of research I am all but certain its a gamer. The lettering on his name is in line with what the Stallions used in 1985. I have struggled to find pictures of the Stallions wearing the Red Jerseys in 85 but I did manage to find a video of a preseason game where they wore the red jerseys and a picture from a game against San Antonio that I think has to be from the 85 season. The jersey has been hemmed and that resulted in the Russell tag being removed. I was able to find a Joe Cribbs stallions game jersey where the same alteration had been made. So the lack of a tag didn't bother me as much. Can any of you spot any flaws in this being an actual game used jersey?

I even dropped Coach Jones an email and he said it passed the eye test.
    Great jersey, congrats.

Was able to pick up a Brett Marshall Game Used spring training hat from 2013...Brett is from my very small town in S.E. Texas, I've known him since he was in t-ball and he played ball with my brother all the way through high school so it's really cool seeing someone you've known for so long finally get a shot at the pro level...he's now with the Cubs so hoping to pick up some new items this year

Quote Originally Posted by MLB_Authentic View Post
    I picked up this MLB Authenticated Trevor Plouffe Game Used Home Run Baseball
    Please contact me at voan0201@gmail.com - Plouffe is my focus when it comes to collecting and would LOVE to see if we can make a trade/deal.

Thanks,
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by HunterFikes View Post
    I picked up this Joey Jones USFL jersey on Ebay yesterday. Jones was a star at Alabama and is now the head coach at South Alabama. The guy who sold it to me bought it at a thrift store for $10! After a ton of research I am all but certain its a gamer. The lettering on his name is in line with what the Stallions used in 1985. I have struggled to find pictures of the Stallions wearing the Red Jerseys in 85 but I did manage to find a video of a preseason game where they wore the red jerseys and a picture from a game against San Antonio that I think has to be from the 85 season. The jersey has been hemmed and that resulted in the Russell tag being removed. I was able to find a Joe Cribbs stallions game jersey where the same alteration had been made. So the lack of a tag didn't bother me as much. Can any of you spot any flaws in this being an actual game used jersey?

I even dropped Coach Jones an email and he said it passed the eye test.
    I agree, it had to be from 1985. The font does not match their 1983 or 1984 jerseys but does match my 1985 white Stallions jersey. I was interested in this one but could not find any footage or pictures where the Stallions wore red jerseys with a wide mesh like this one in 1985. Could find pictures from 1985 where they wore narrow red mesh jerseys. I thought it was a team issued jersey at the least and possibly game worn but could not find a game where they wore this style. There were games from 1985 I just couldn't find any pictures or footage of.

Quote Originally Posted by flota89 View Post
    2013 Matt Holliday World Series Jersey

MLB Authenticated with tar and dirt stains
    Sexy pick up Tyler!

Just got back from A's Fan Fest. Picked up some things for fellow members, contacted them all ready.

Matt Olson, A's prospect jersey
    Rickey Henderson 2014 A's BP jersey, MLb auth
    David Justice game used A's bat

let me edit that last post. The Olson jersey is Garrett Olson a RP who was released to play in Korea last spring.