Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Spalding Major League bats?

I saw this 2006 Robinson Cano game-used signed Spalding bat on American Memorabilia Auctions. I had no idea Spalding was making professional model bats. Anyone know what year Spalding started producing MLB bats?

Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Spalding Major League bats?

Bobby,

At the end of the 2005 season, there were 29 bat manufacturers who were approved (i.e., a ton). I think there are several more now. I don't know the specifics of Spalding, but I believe Cano has some kind of arrangement with this company. See the following article:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

I have not seen these Spalding bats used during MLB regular season play (not to say that they haven't been). There are several bats out there, though, that you don't regularly see (D-Bats, for instance).

Best,

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Re: Spalding Major League bats?

Reid,

Thanks for the info! I know Mike Lowell and Mark Loretta of the Red Sox use D-bats.

Here's another new bat comapany Zorian bats based in Rhode Island: http://www.zorianbats.com/index.html

I've seen Trot Nixon using a Zorian bat during the 2006 season.

Thanks, Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images