Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: What's your favorite game used bat?

Quote Originally Posted by Rboitano View Post
    Flota
    I sure dont see anything that is 100% spot on. To call it a photomatch it has to be definitive, and that is not.
    There was possibly more use after that photo, but there are too make marks in the same spot to be coincidence. I say 100% photomatch.

Talking Re: What's your favorite game used bat?

Ok, you guys are going to laugh at this, but here is my latest favorite bat: A Bob Didier H&B Gamer from 73-75. No, you won't find this in the bat records section of the site. Didier was a journeyman catcher who played for the Braves and one year, 5 G - 14 AB - 1 H, for the 74 Red Sox. His significance to me is that he was one of 18 players who's Bat I needed to complete my run of Red Sox position player bats from 1960 to the present.

Name:  Didier GUF.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  36.3 KB

This was advertized as a "Kiya Didier" bat and I was looking (make that looking for 15 years) for a Robert Didier bat. I checked Baseball Almanac for a nickname . . . none. Middle name? Daniel. I looked for significance of the word Kiya . . . . none. Other Didier major leaguers from that time? . . . none. I looked for minor leaguers with the name Didier, could find none. Totally stumped. Then I looked at the bat more closely and thought the "K" might be an "H" to read "Hiya." Punched that into google and after another hour of digging learned that in grade school Bob Didier's friends knew him by his nickname "Hiya."

I'd like to think that when he signed on with H&B he was paying tribute to his friends with his signature and reminding himself of what it was like to reach a childhood dream. OK that last part is the romantic in me.

I match my $40 Didier against your $15,000 Mantle (just kidding!)

soxbats@aol.com
    loking for obscure red sox bats from the 1960s and 70s: Carmen Fanzone, Syd O'Brien, Ray Boone, Ron Jackson, Ray Webster, Luis Alvarado, Roman Mejais, Willie Tasby, George Smith, Ken Poulsen, Felix Mantilla, Marty Keough, Bobby Heise, Chuck Goggin, Marlan Coughtry

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    I love a Mariano bat. Interesting he would inscribe Game Used since he didn't use it in a game. This if anything would be a BP bat of his. He didn't have any AB's in 2005 reg season or post season. Or may have been used by another player but that would be ineteresting that he would inscribe game used if another player used it.
    It looks like he is picking up Arod's inscription habits.

Banned

Derek Jeter gamer from 2004. I have alot of bats but that will always be my favorite.

1996 Alex Rodriguez 1st Career Grand Slam Bat (8th Career HR)
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Its gotta be my Garko Pink. Took 3 tries to get one and unless something drastic happens, I'll never get rid of it!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    It looks like he is picking up Arod's inscription habits.
    Lealeagle I hope not otherwise your going to have a lot of mad collectors out there thinnking they have something that they really don't.

This is my favorite game used bat. A Bicentennial Willie Stargell that I picked up in a trade. Mike Specht was kind enough to let me know that Stargell ordered 30 of these bats during the '76 season in two different orders.

Stargell is also the greatest baseball player from my hometown and my old high school field is named after him.

Darry Kile I13 LVS - RIP
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1984 T. Gwynn Rawlings, with the early sig. If I had to keep ONE Bat, this may be it. Some Nice Bats on this Thread.

GO CHARGERS!

Sean