Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My problem with Royalsfans has been resolved amicably.

For those of you who followed the dispute between Royasfans and I, it is over.

Jessie has graciously offered to make a new bat rack for me. He also offered the money for the repair materials but in the interest of good faith, I have told him that repaying me for the repair materials is not necessary since he is making a new bat rack for me.

I would like to thank Jessie publicly for being a responsible person and handling this in the correct manner.

Jim

Re: My problem with Royalsfans has been resolved amicably.

another example of the game used forum at work?

I'm not sure, but I'm glad we were able to deal with this in a civil manner.

Banned

Congrats on getting things rectified....still awaiting the arrival of mine!!!

I always knew you kids would make it.

First, I have struggled whether to make or not make this post, but ultimately it got the best of me and I must. It's the principal of the matter.

As I sympathy with your situation and understand how frustrating these things are, I still don't understand why GUU approved this post to be made against someone you had a problem with over buying a bat rack. I guess maybe if you bought a game used bat from someone in this forum and the bat was later found not to be authentic, and they wouldn't refund your money, then I guess I can understand.

As some of you are aware, I made a post in which GUU delete some of my information. My information was proven to be factual, as I provided GUU the proof. However, it seemed to be ignored.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ead.php?t=9582

I was threatened by a GUU member with lawyers because I made a post on GUU asking members a question about his bat. Now, the post only asked GUU member's if they felt the bat was a BP bat or not. Did not mention or discredit the seller at all.

To me, this GUU member crossed a serious line. However, I was being censored from sharing this information/threat and providing facts with GUU members. I felt GUU members needed to be aware also, in case they dealt with this GUU member.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I just don't see any difference.

Regards, Tony

I'm not looking to make this a big issue. Just trying to understand the difference between the two.

Banned

I think the main difference is in one case an accusation is being made that a person and/or a persons item is fraudulent and in the other case that they are a poor packager. One is a serious claim, the other not being crime. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by XPFO View Post
    I think the main difference is in one case an accusation is being made that a person and/or a persons item is fraudulent and in the other case that they are a poor packager. One is a serious claim, the other not being crime. Just my opinion.
    Thanks! Actually, there wasn't an accusation made against someone's item being fraudulent. I simply asked a question to GUU forum members if they felt a bat on ebay was a BP bat. It was then the ebay seller (GUU member) saw my post and sent me a threatening email with a lawyer.

I guess I just need to let this go.

3arod13,

Let me see if I can answer this for you. Before I posted this story, I explained the entire situation to Eric and after some thought, he ok'd the post.

The issue is that I purchased a "game used related" item from a forum member and there was a legitimate, documented problem with it. It would be the same if it was a bat, jersey, etc. Since many members here purchase bat racks for their displays, I felt that it was a post relative to our hobby and was worthy of being posted for any member who planned to do business with this forum member. Since my post, this forum member has stepped up and agreed to take care of the issue. I truly appreciate his responsible way of handling it and that's why I posted this updated information. I dont really think that you can compare my post and yours. They are different as XPFO explained.

I take no joy in flaming a fellow member and that's why I asked Eric first. In so much that it is his site, he can allow, delete, modify etc any post that he deems necessary.