Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: NBA Free Agency Final Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Since July 1st and NBA Free Agent madness is finally about here, what are everyone's final predictions on where the big names will go. Here are mine:

Lebron James-Chicago Bulls
    Chris Bosh-Chicago Bulls (Sign and trade with Raptors sends Deng to Toronto)
    Joe Johnson-New York Knicks
    Amare Stoudamire-Miami Heat
    Ray Allen-Miami Heat
    Dirk Nitrowski-Stays in Dallas
    Yao Ming-Stays in Houston
    David Lee-Stays with Knicks

Chris Paul-Traded to New Jersey Nets for Favors and Harris
    Legal, good thing you weren't betting on the free agency results. Looks like you only got 2 of your 9 predictions right.

David Lee to Golden State. We're back!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    Legal, good thing you weren't betting on the free agency results. Looks like you only got 2 of your 9 predictions right.

David Lee to Golden State. We're back!!
    I know it was crazy how it all went down. I think Lebron is wrong to sign with the Heat and should try to win a title on his own and in the process beat his fellow stars rather than create an allstar team in hopes of winning. Jordan never would have left the Bulls to join a team with Barkley and Karl Malone he relished beating them. Kobe would not leave the Lakers to go play with Nash and Duncan because he also enjoys beating them. The special was classless as well I thought announcing on national tv that he is turning his back on his hometown live from the vicinity of two teams that did backflips trying to get him. He completely screwed Cleveland they are stuck with a starless team of bad contracts which was put together with the sole goal of pleasing Lebron and he did not even have the deceny to call the owner beforehand personally and tell him what was up. The whole thing shows 1. Lebron has no loyalty and 2. He does not have confidence in his ability to lead a team to a title and has no interest in doing what he has to do to elevate a team to that level and would rather be second fiddle to a guy who already did it in Wade.

I know it was crazy how it all went down. I think Lebron is wrong to sign with the Heat and should try to win a title on his own and in the process beat his fellow stars rather than create an allstar team in hopes of winning. Jordan never would have left the Bulls to join a team with Barkley and Karl Malone he relished beating them. Kobe would not leave the Lakers to go play with Nash and Duncan because he also enjoys beating them. The special was classless as well I thought announcing on national tv that he is turning his back on his hometown live from the vicinity of two teams that did backflips trying to get him. He completely screwed Cleveland they are stuck with a starless team of bad contracts which was put together with the sole goal of pleasing Lebron and he did not even have the deceny to call the owner beforehand personally and tell him what was up. The whole thing shows 1. Lebron has no loyalty and 2. He does not have confidence in his ability to lead a team to a title and has no interest in doing what he has to do to elevate a team to that level and would rather be second fiddle to a guy who already did it in Wade.
    All good points. Lebron has no fire in his eyes and is afraid of being the goat. He was too chickenshit to go to New York of Chicago, because those towns have true basketball fans who will call him out. He has to surround himself with others stars, so they can share the blame when they lose. It's not a video game...too many chefs in the kitchen. It would have been a major accomplishment to bring Cleveland their first championship, instead of helping D-Wade get his second. Oh yeah, did I mention LeBron is a chronic nail-biter?

Footprints
    by Lebron

One night I had a dream--
    I dreamed I was walking along South Beach with D-Wade
    and across the sky flashed scenes from my Heat career.
    For each scene I noticed two sets of sneaker prints,
    one belonged to me and the other to D-Wade.
    When the last scene of my life flashed before me,
    I looked back at the sneaker prints.
    I noticed that many times along my Miami path,
    there was only one set of sneaker prints.
    I also noticed that it happened whenever I was expected to make
    a clutch play at either end of the court.
    This really bothered me and I questioned D-Wade about it.
    "D-Wade, you said that once I decided to join your team,
    you would walk with me all the way,
    but I have noticed that during the most pressure packed moments of the game there is only one set of sneaker prints.
    "I don't understand why in times when I needed you most,
    you should leave me."
    D-Wade replied, "My precious, precious Lebron,
    I love you and I would never, never leave you
    during your times of trial and suffering.
    "When you saw only one set of sneaker prints,
    it was then that I carried you."

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    Footprints
    by Lebron

but I have noticed that during the most pressure packed moments of the game there is only one set of sneaker prints.
    you should leave me."

WWDWD?

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    Footprints

by Lebron

you should leave me."

Great stuff!!

Banned

Very creative poem. My prediction though is in two years Lebron is not a member of the Heat and they have won zero titles. The egos will never be able to co-exist and both players need the ball too much to be successful. Wade is an icon in Miami so he is not going anywhere so I think it is Lebron who will go and for much cheaper than anyone can imagine right now. Championship teams all have the same formula for the most part. One mega star i.e. Jordan, Bird, Magic, Kobe, Duncan and one secondary star a guy who is a multiple time allstar but who is clearly not the best player on the team nor would he be on a championship caliber team. i.e. Pippen, McHale, Gasol, Ginoboli or an Old David Robinson or an old Kareem with further support coming from solid above average players who fill their roles but who are below the star category i.e. Horace Grant, Dennis Rodman, Lamar Odom, Ron Artest, Tony Parker, Ron Harper, Toni Kukoc. Worthy or Robert Parrish.

In recent memory the only time two mega stars who were still in the prime of their careers were on the same team and it was successful was Shaq and Kobe in the early 2000s and that ended up imploding big time. Yes it got LA three titles but neither Dwayne or Lebron is a dominant big man and it is tough to see the Heat getting past the Magic, Celtics or Lakers because the big men on those teams will wreck havoc on Miami inside.

Banned

As a Knicks fan I am happy about what they did though. The two years was worth the wait. Amare is a good start, a solid allstar and they sold high on Lee and resisted the temptation to sign just anyone just to do something . Next year Melo will likely be much more receptive than Lebron was as he and his wife were both born in NY, he grew up in Baltimore which is a short car trip away, he went to college in upstate New York and his wife's career would benefit greatly from them living in New York City. As a point guard they should pry Agent Zero away from the Wizards because no matter what they say publicly the absolute last thing they want is him rubbing off on John Wall so it is likely he will be moved at some point this summer. Plus the Knicks have a history of taking on troubled players and having it be successful i.e. Spreewell. A big three of Amare, Melo and Agent Zero would put them in the upper crust of the East.

Very creative poem. My prediction though is in two years Lebron is not a member of the Heat and they have won zero titles. The egos will never be able to co-exist and both players need the ball too much to be successful. Wade is an icon in Miami so he is not going anywhere so I think it is Lebron who will go and for much cheaper than anyone can imagine right now. Championship teams all have the same formula for the most part. One mega star i.e. Jordan, Bird, Magic, Kobe, Duncan and one secondary star a guy who is a multiple time allstar but who is clearly not the best player on the team nor would he be on a championship caliber team. i.e. Pippen, McHale, Gasol, Ginoboli or an Old David Robinson or an old Kareem with further support coming from solid above average players who fill their roles but who are below the star category i.e. Horace Grant, Dennis Rodman, Lamar Odom, Ron Artest, Tony Parker, Ron Harper, Toni Kukoc. Worthy or Robert Parrish.

In recent memory the only time two mega stars who were still in the prime of their careers were on the same team and it was successful was Shaq and Kobe in the early 2000s and that ended up imploding big time. Yes it got LA three titles but neither Dwayne or Lebron is a dominant big man and it is tough to see the Heat getting past the Magic, Celtics or Lakers because the big men on those teams will wreck havoc on Miami inside.

lol I wouldn't bet on this prediction either........ Lebron's game is better suited when he can be unselfish and look to get the rest of his team involved. Arguably the best aspect of his game is his court vision and passing ability.You could see frustration set in when he felt like it was him or nothing last year and years previous. Kobe and Shaq have much different egos when it comes to teammates, although Kobe has gotten better.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post
    lol I wouldn't bet on this prediction either........ Lebron's game is better suited when he can be unselfish and look to get the rest of his team involved. Arguably the best aspect of his game is his court vision and passing ability.You could see frustration set in when he felt like it was him or nothing last year and years previous. Kobe and Shaq have much different egos when it comes to teammates, although Kobe has gotten better.
    Do you really see this lasting six years?