Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zane Burns?

Zane Burns?

Is this Zane Burns? Watching Pawn Stars last night and a man named
    Zane, who said game used bats is his business, came in to sell a Ty Cobb Game Used Bat signed by Joe Sewell. When Steve Grad came in to authenticate the sigs, he said he knows Zane well. If this is Zane, that's pretty cool.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Re: Zane Burns?

Yes it is

Banned

Yep, just like zane too. Trying to get 100k for a 15k bat. Classic!

I had to laugh. First, Corey says, "this guy walks into the shop." I'm sure they already knew who he was. Then here you have Zane Burns, a knowledgeable game used collector, and they call in Jeremy from a local sports card shop to authenticate and appraise the bat. Kind of funny.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

It's all staged
    Don't think anything spontaneous happens

I was at that store in February and it's mostly trinkets and show merchandise.

The few displays they had were overpriced...

No one from the show was even there. When asked, I was told that they only come for the filming...

Quote Originally Posted by Samets View Post
    I was at that store in February and it's mostly trinkets and show merchandise.

The few displays they had were overpriced...

No one from the show was even there. When asked, I was told that they only come for the filming...
    Yep, the store is pretty lame. You can buy Pawn Stars bobble heads...

We went in the store in July 2014 and were told they were on vacation for the Summer.

There is a couple of stores close by that had some cool stuff for sale.
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Banned

I think the way it works now is you submit an email to them of what you have, and if they are interested they call you and set up an appointment. So Zane probably did that and was hoping he could get at least 50k for that Sewell bat instead of the 5k it's worth. Like I said-Classic!

Quote Originally Posted by teddy406 View Post
    I think the way it works now is you submit an email to them of what you have, and if they are interested they call you and set up an appointment. So Zane probably did that and was hoping he could get at least 50k for that Sewell bat instead of the 5k it's worth. Like I said-Classic!

Looks like someone has an axe to grind. But makes you look foolish when collector can tell that bat is worth more then the $5,000 you said or the $15,000 the so called sports expert they brought in said.

Also another thing, i thought people had the right to ask whatever they want for a item that THEY own. I didn't know that other collectors are now allowed to determine what people can ask for THEIR items.

Banned

ax to grind. No sir, my man. Bought many bats from Zane. But if you know Zane at all, then you know he asks ridiculous prices. That's his MO. I'm just saying it was great to see it live. I want 100K. The expert, who is no expert, said maybe its worth 15! I say it's worth 5. That's my right, correct?
    Later,
    KJB