Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Smile Re: Forum Suggestion

It looks as if GUU has reached a solution. I just checked the "Exceptionally Educational Threads" heading and saw numerous recent posts on team website/stores listed there. I can live with that.

Dave Miedema

Re: Forum Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    It looks as if GUU has reached a solution. I just checked the "Exceptionally Educational Threads" heading and saw numerous recent posts on team website/stores listed there. I can live with that.

Dave Miedema
    One would think so, maybe... BUT... the fact that most threads there were last from 2011, people in THIS thread didn't even know they were there, and people keep posting/asking about GU contacts in the Game Used Memorabilia Discussion thread makes that Educational thread seem unknown/unused..

Yes for now i've moved all the team contact /info threads to the "expectionally educational threads". This can be in interim solution until we can create some sort of new forum for this. As moderators we don't have the ability to create new forums and can only move threads around. We can ask Chris for permission to do something more long term.

This is good first step as all team contact/info threads will at least be consolidated and easier to find the EET forum.

David
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

The other alternative (since we don't have access to add new sections) was to create a single thread in EET called "MLB TEAM CONTACT/INFO" and post all team contact info discussions into that single thread. While it gives us the one stop shopping it forces you to search the thread for specific team/info and discussions which may be quite painful.

The current solution at least will give each team it's own thread and we can only at most have 30 threads (at least until the next expansion).

As we expand to other sports it will get crazier.

For this reason the suggestion to make a new forum (ie MLB team contact/discussions, NFL team contacts/discussions, etc) may be better.

David
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.