Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Re: mlb cap collectors

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Why would it not being from the 1990s be a "dead giveaway that it wasn't Dimaggios"? What does that mean?
    Well TRSENT the seller claims the hat is Joe Dimaggio pre 1960's Game hat, also as I stated in 1991 New ERA started applying the MLB Logo. So if it has the logo that would make this hat from 1991 and on. I know they called him JOLTIN JOE but im sure he wasnt getting much field play between 1991 to 1999.

Joel can you enlighten us of any proof showing Joe DiMaggio playing baseball from 1991 to 1999? I thought he retired earlier but maybe I was wrong!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Well TRSENT the seller claims the hat is Joe Dimaggio pre 1960's Game hat, also as I stated in 1991 New ERA started applying the MLB Logo. So if it has the logo that would make this hat from 1991 and on. I know they called him JOLTIN JOE but im sure he wasnt getting much field play between 1991 to 1999.

Joel can you enlighten us of any proof showing Joe DiMaggio playing baseball from 1991 to 1999? I thought he retired earlier but maybe I was wrong!!!
    So, as there has been more information added by someone who knows a little history of this topic, but your comment stated that because the cap couldn't have been issued in the 1990s then it was no good.

My question was why? Joe DiMaggio could have appeared at many New York Yankee functions that a cap was produced for during that era. Maybe you should think before you post misleading someone asking an honest question because your comments were steering the thread in the wrong direction.

Instead of answering my question you took it personally. Don't post comments unless you can answer constructive questions about your posts like everyone else does.

Joel

Not that this helps, but here are the lastest pics I could find of Joe D in uniform

Undated from 1980s (since maris is in it, the latest it could be is 1985)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    So, as there has been more information added by someone who knows a little history of this topic, but your comment stated that because the cap couldn't have been issued in the 1990s then it was no good.

My question was why? Joe DiMaggio could have appeared at many New York Yankee functions that a cap was produced for during that era. Maybe you should think before you post misleading someone asking an honest question because your comments were steering the thread in the wrong direction.

Instead of answering my question you took it personally. Don't post comments unless you can answer constructive questions about your posts like everyone else does.

Joel
    My reply to this Joel is WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????

Could he have worn the cap to a Yankee funtion SURE!!! but the item in question is NOT a POST SEASON/RETIREMENT ITEM. The item i question is PRE 1960'S GAME HAT. TRSENT think before you speak!!! We are basing this by what the seller is claiming it to be not what YOU want to make it out to be THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE.

Second of all your question really didnt make sense, becuz in my post previously I explained why I felt the way I did about what I said. You then turn around and ask me WHY????
    TRSENT your not making sense!!!
    Its ok you must be having a long day at work!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    My reply to this Joel is WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????

Could he have worn the cap to a Yankee funtion SURE!!! but the item in question is NOT a POST SEASON/RETIREMENT ITEM. The item i question is PRE 1960'S GAME HAT. TRSENT think before you speak!!! We are basing this by what the seller is claiming it to be not what YOU want to make it out to be THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE.

Second of all your question really didnt make sense, becuz in my post previously I explained why I felt the way I did about what I said. You then turn around and ask me WHY????
    TRSENT your not making sense!!!
    Its ok you must be having a long day at work!!
    I am fine, don't worry about me and anything in my personal life. (If you care, today has been a great day, just shipped out $3000.00 in silver that will justify my day. Yesterday was crappy, broke up with a girl that now I can only dream about. She was a Milwaukee 10, which is about a LA 8-9.

Your original post was misleading and as usual you were unable to explain the question I originally asked. Jason, my name is Joel, not "TRSENT".

I am confused with how you explained this cap, and instead of answering my question you replied confrontationaly as usual. Don't join into a conversation if you cannot explain your statements when questioned. My question was genuine and you, as usual, made this a fued with no end.

Banned

Joel I just re-read what I wrote and I do understand what you mean by what I said could have been miisleading. So I will be big enough to Apologize to you or anyone else that I have possibly mislead.

At the same time though given the information provided by the seller it still could not have been 1960'S Game Hat of DiMaggios (FROM THAT TIME PERIOD IF IT IS BEARING THE LOGO).

So in actuality really what I wrote was not misleading cuz again he is claiming it is a "GAME HAT" not a "CHARITY DINNER OR OLD TIMERS DAY HAT"

Better yet we all know Joe Dimaggio showed up to those past type of events but does anyone know if he actually played a game.

I never seen anything showing him actually playing, just sitting in the dug out.

it does not have the logo on it, i was wondering more along the lines if it was a pro model cap, and around what time it was from,cause i believe the seller took me for a ride! as for the name sewn in it doesn't matter as the only player i know that ever did that was babe ruth and it was more of a stamped in leather effect. i was curious if anything the seller described was the truth! thank's zonker

thank's eric for posting the pic's from the old timers game that's as far up to date as iv'e seen him in uniform also. http:tigerx.com/people/dimaggio.htm has a similar picture showing the opposite side of the inside rim of cap, but i'm not computer savvy enough to post pic. i just assumed someone maybe sewed it in to help id the cap in there collection. even up to then it doesn't look as if that was something joe would do. thank's zonker

Zonker, did you ask the seller how he obtained the hat?

Discussed almost to the day, one year ago...
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/38322...0/DiMaggio+Hat