Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Re: What type of pen for Game Used Jersey?

Well sharpie started selling paint markers and they work pretty well.
    They have them in Silver and gold
    They work exactly like the Deco ones

I figured I'd piggyback on this question, and I have this before. But wanted to know about a different color. What is the best pen to use on a wool flannel? I used a blue sharpie on a gray flannel and it turned our nice. But I have a cream flannel this time and wanted to use a black or orange sharpie. Has anyone used a black or orange on a cream flannel? Do those colors fade? Are the any other pen that would work? Or is the blue sharpie the best?
    Thanks

For a UNC Game-worn jersey like the picture shown, which marker would be best for signing? And would a normal Sharpie be fine?

I am also trying to figure out if a signature on the white number on the backside would come out good or if I should try sharpie on the front on the carolina blue part of the jersey off to the side. What do you all think?

I will ONLY use DECO paint pens on jerseys. Sharpies always seem to bleed, and other paint pens have never worked as well for me as DECO has.

I just sold this jersey, but this is what the silver DECO Fine tip looks like:

Here is one in Black Fine Tip DECO

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post
    Well sharpie started selling paint markers and they work pretty well.
    They have them in Silver and gold
    They work exactly like the Deco ones
    I have used Sharpie paint pens in the past and they have sucked every time. I have a Nolan Ryan sig that I will have to replace because I used a Sharpie paint pen. You couldnt pay me to use one again.
    looking for anything from former Tampa Bay Buccaneer & current Jacksonville Jag Roy Miller

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by neverfinished94 View Post
    I have used Sharpie paint pens in the past and they have sucked every time. I have a Nolan Ryan sig that I will have to replace because I used a Sharpie paint pen. You couldnt pay me to use one again.
    Really? I used one the other day and it came out fine.
    I used to only use deco too but Michaels didn't have any so I had to go with the Sharpie Paint pen.

Im going to order some Deco online now.
    Thanks

The below are photos of a Deco Fabric Paint Pen I found at the local "Michaels". It looks a bit different from some others I've seen here. Is anybody aware of pros/cons with this? I'd like to make sure I don't make any bad assumptions before sharing the collective wisdom of our forum with other local collectors. This particular one is black, but they also had several other colors with the same packaging and similar barcode.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Hi everyone-

I hope I can help with this discussion.
    I actually own a small office supply story, and I use and highly recommend the Painters brand pens made by Elmers.

The NFL Auctions site uses these silver paint pens on most of their signed footballs.

They work great on every ball, helmet, cleat, bat and jersey I have used them on. I prefer the silver, it has a metallic flake that looks really sharp.

The one thing to look for is that you are buying a "paint pen" and not a marker. Markers use ink that absorbs into material and can bleed on fabric, where a paint pen tends not to bleed.

The only drawback on paint pens is that they do need more time to dry.
    Be careful not to smudge the signature until it is fully dried.

Good Luck,
    Alex

I have used the same Pen Touch paint pens I bought a decade ago. They are still good to go, just take a little shaking! I have a silver one shown below. This retail Penn State jersey I got signed by Deon Butler is as an example of how nice it can look on a white number (that was with the gold paint). I got that signed 3 years ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Here are some signed jersey's I have:

Signed in black sharpie

Signed in silver deco paint pen