Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: 2011 Cardinals Winter Warm Up

Yadi, oh Yadi. From the sounds of it, he needs to grow up. Steiner sued him last offseason for $175,000 for blowing them off - so this time he blows off a charity. Being big buds with Albert, you'd think Albert would kind of see to it that Yadi is there or at least encourage him to show up, but apparently not. He needs to show a little respect, at the VERY least let them know that you're not going to be there a little earlier.

Banned

Can someone who got Pujols' signature please post a photo of the autograph on here. I noticed his signature on topps cards have gotten real sloppy. I'd like to see if his signature has changed much. Thanks!

We also attended the show all three days, for a couple of hours each day.

This is our second show and it was not as good as the one last year. I agree, very light for GU collectors. The vendors just had the same ol, same ol. I noticed several signed Pujols bats, and one GU Sam bat of his…

I honestly did not purchase anything, by Monday I was looking around just to buy anything, ($ burning a hole in my pocket syndrome), but didn’t.

Other than that the crowd was a little lighter, and the show was a little more organized I felt. We bought some autograph tickets of Jack Clark and Oquendo, and picked up some other 87’ team guys. The autos all went smooth, and Clark was great again, adding inscriptions and chatting about a GU jersey and bat I had him sign.

Overall the show went well, just a little disappointing, but no big problems that I experienced.

Russell Mansfield
    batdna@sbcglobal.net

Quote Originally Posted by rangersfan1214 View Post
    Can someone who got Pujols' signature please post a photo of the autograph on here. I noticed his signature on topps cards have gotten real sloppy. I'd like to see if his signature has changed much. Thanks!

Here you go!
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Banned

Thank you! It looks like his autograph is the same. I wonder whats up with the topps 2009-10 cards. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by rangersfan1214 View Post
    Thank you! It looks like his autograph is the same. I wonder whats up with the topps 2009-10 cards. Any ideas?
    If that's your card, it's an earlier Pujols Auto as evidenced by the 'pointy' A.

Just because it's a 2009 or 2010 card, sticker autos have been around for years and the companies don't use the entire sheet in one year. They may hold them back and use them on other year issues as well... quite common actually...

Here's some of my Pujols Autos for comparison sake:

2001 GU Hat - w/ ROY inscription:

AU Ball (obtained from Albert at Niketown Denver in 2002) - w/ ROY:

AU / GU Ball (obtained from Albert at the hotel in 2005):

2002 Absolute Playoff Signing Bonus:

2004 Fleer Sweet Sigs:

So as you can see, Albert has had a few variations over the years...

- Smitty

I dont think that one looks good at all, but with the way Topps uses the stickers they could have had thousands signed years ago and are just now getting around to using them. Parts of that one kind of resemble his 02-03 autographs.

Here are pics of 3 of my Pujols baseballs. They were all signed over the last 5 or so years. The 2009 All Star Baseball was signed at this years Warm Up. Its a good signature (sorry the pic looks a little blurry).

Jason