Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: Verlander jersey questions

Did anyone here win either jersey? Bidding got too high for me, but both jerseys were pounded and I was able to photomatch both jerseys.

Super Moderator

I was having issues with my phone in the closing seconds... sucks. I should have just placed my max and let it ride. So much for trying to snipe. hearing about a photo match only makes it sting more.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I can't say for sure, but (GASP!!) COULD IT HAVE BEEN WORN AND WASHED (OMG!!) BY A SUBSEQUENT OWNER/FAN/COLLECTOR?

Looks like a job for the game-used police

Dave Miedema
    Believe me, I am not nearly as bothered by the washing of game used jerseys as evidenced in some of the other recent threads. However I have been writing some large checks for Tigers game worn jerseys and I am just trying to understand how they come out of the clubhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by AstrosGU View Post
    Did anyone here win either jersey? Bidding got too high for me, but both jerseys were pounded and I was able to photomatch both jerseys.
    Could you post them. I wasn't interested in the jerseys but looked quick on Getty and I didn't find anything. But I didn't try hard.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Could you post them. I wasn't interested in the jerseys but looked quick on Getty and I didn't find anything. But I didn't try hard.
    Sure thing. Give me until the weekend to get them posted, when I have a little extra free time. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinLakesPark View Post
    Believe me, I am not nearly as bothered by the washing of game used jerseys as evidenced in some of the other recent threads. However I have been writing some large checks for Tigers game worn jerseys and I am just trying to understand how they come out of the clubhouse.

I don't know if this will help answer your question. I have attached photos of a Kaline Jersey that I got directly from the Tigers. It also has the same '08 team tag and appeared to have been washed. I believe this is a jersey that Kaline wore at spring training due ST written on the tag. Just not sure on the number written on the tag. The jersey also has the EH patch. I contacted the Tigers and they thought the jersey could have been a carry over and had the patch sewn on. I was able to get the jersey signed by Kaline.

If anyone has any other info about the jersey I would appreciate it.

Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images