Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: April 2017 Pickups

Josh Hamilton 2011 Jersey 3-5 with a HR. Shows great usage and used for other games with the loose stiching.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Hank Aaron 1971 All Star Game used bat - his 1st ASG home run

From the famous game in Detroit, which had a total of 26 future Hall of Famers when including managers, coaches and umpires. It is most well known for Reggie Jackson's monster home run that hit off a transformer on the roof of Tiger Stadium, estimated to be about a 520 foot shot. The game was also the first to have two African American starting pitchers in Vida Blue and Dock Ellis. There were 6 total home runs in the game, all hit by future Hall of Famers (Johnny Bench, Roberto Clemente, Hank Aaron, Reggie Jackson, Frank Robinson, and Harmon Killebrew). The top of the NL starting lineup was awesome, with Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Joe Torre, Willie Stargell, Willie McCovey and Johnny Bench, in order. The bat came out of Detroit, where it resided for at least 30+ years, with provenance. This was Henry's 17th All Star Game appearance, but he had yet to hit a home run until he finally connected in this game with a deep shot to right center off Vida Blue of the A's (that year's AL MVP and Cy Young winner) in his second at-bat. It has a prominent 44 on the knob, good AS game use with about three solid ball/seam marks. This is the first of three bats I just recently picked up that are true favorites. A really nice and important bat, for the player I would still consider the home run king.

Ben
    Attached Images Attached Images         

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post

From the famous game in Detroit, which had a total of 26 future Hall of Famers when including managers, coaches and umpires. It is most well known for Reggie Jackson's monster home run that hit off a transformer on the roof of Tiger Stadium, estimated to be about a 520 foot shot. The game was also the first to have two African American starting pitchers in Vida Blue and Dock Ellis. There were 6 total home runs in the game, all hit by future Hall of Famers (Johnny Bench, Roberto Clemente, Hank Aaron, Reggie Jackson, Frank Robinson, and Harmon Killebrew). The top of the NL starting lineup was awesome, with Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Joe Torre, Willie Stargell, Willie McCovey and Johnny Bench, in order. The bat came out of Detroit, where it resided for at least 30+ years, with provenance. This was Henry's 17th All Star Game appearance, but he had yet to hit a home run until he finally connected in this game with a deep shot to right center off Vida Blue of the A's (that year's AL MVP and Cy Young winner) in his second at-bat. It has a prominent 44 on the knob, good AS game use with about three solid ball/seam marks. This is the first of three bats I just recently picked up that are true favorites. A really nice and important bat, for the player I would still consider the home run king.

Ben
    Great pickup Ben! Congrats! Nice piece of history there.

Banned

Talking Re: April 2017 Pickups

Ben, that might be the most noteworthy Aaron bat I've ever seen! Great work finding it and getting it.

Dave Miedema

Banned

Talking Re: April 2017 Pickups

Picked up a cracked LS GU bat of Robin Ventura with a team error name (Oakland Athletics). Ventura gave me a bat 16 years ago, and I kept it for several years until I had to sell it to cover one of my medical issues. I'm glad to have something of his again.

Dave Miedema

2017 Seattle Mariners Robinson Cano Game Used 40th Anniversary Ball MLB COA + COA from Mariners 4/14/17

This is the first Game Used item I have purchased, owned or obtained that is not autographed, would be willing to sell. Unique ball as these balls are only being used by the Mariners during their home games for the 2017 season and never again to commemorate their 40th season in the MLB.

FS:

Banned

Sweet Aaron bat Ben, let's see the other two pickups.

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    2017 Seattle Mariners Robinson Cano Game Used 40th Anniversary Ball MLB COA + COA from Mariners 4/14/17

This is the first Game Used item I have purchased, owned or obtained that is not autographed, would be willing to sell. Unique ball as these balls are only being used by the Mariners during their home games for the 2017 season and never again to commemorate their 40th season in the MLB.

FS:

Ball has sold. Thank you.

Incredible pickup Ben!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post

Ben
    That's a real beauty!!! Congrats.