Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Re: Show us your ebay steals!!!

CORRECTION:
    They appear to be early to mid 1960s Spanjian tags.

Picked up this circa 1966 Atlanta Falcons sideline heavy warmup jacket recently for under $40. Haven't tried to style or photo match it but it's a neat-looking piece in great condition, zip working perfectly.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post
    So now I have to be a member for more then a month to make a comment. Actually I have been coming to this boards for atleast 2 years now and every time I come here most of the guys in here just try to find a way to rip someone. The guy wasnt pushing the bat on someone. The question could have been ask alot better. Why hasnt he respond to my question? Because he was wrong. Why doesnt he stick to what he knows best Phillie jerseys.
    No I was making the point that you have been a member for one month (join date March 2008) but yet feel confident that no one wants to post on here because of certain member comments. Make sense?

I really don't think Arod313 needs you or Fnazvc0114 to defend him.

And Fnazvc0114, I have been a member since the Network 54 days, prior to November 2005. "Blue star from the game used police"?

And since when is questioning an item being negative? If you want to be a part of the game used hobby expect to take a couple of lumps. Especially when your opinion deviates from the norm. No one is intentionally ripping anyone. I don't understand why people make the mistake of taking comments personally. It isn't about you. No one even knows you. It is about your item or your post. Period.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sylbry View Post
    No I was making the point that you have been a member for one month (join date March 2008) but yet feel confident that no one wants to post on here because of certain member comments. Make sense?

I really don't think Arod313 needs you or Fnazvc0114 to defend him.

And Fnazvc0114, I have been a member since the Network 54 days, prior to November 2005. "Blue star from the game used police"?

And since when is questioning an item being negative? If you want to be a part of the game used hobby expect to take a couple of lumps. Especially when your opinion deviates from the norm. No one is intentionally ripping anyone. I don't understand why people make the mistake of taking comments personally. It isn't about you. No one even knows you. It is about your item or your post. Period.
    This is not just about Arod313 and his item. This just happens all the time when someone bashes a person with a dumb remark and then If the person comes up with the proof no one in here that bashes the item ever apologizes for it. Actually I still remember when I think Arod313 was the one with the Derek Jeter Colombus Clipper game used bat and a couple of people started to question the bat. When he came up with the proof straight from the horses mouth not one person apologized.

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post
    This is not just about Arod313 and his item. This just happens all the time when someone bashes a person with a dumb remark and then If the person comes up with the proof no one in here that bashes the item ever apologizes for it. Actually I still remember when I think Arod313 was the one with the Derek Jeter Colombus Clipper game used bat and a couple of people started to question the bat. When he came up with the proof straight from the horses mouth not one person apologized.
    Why does someone need to apologize for questioning an item. We are not here to gloat about someone else being wrong or possibly looking fooling. If by someone questioning an item Arod313 to dug a little further and found proof, then Arod313 came out ahead because of the question. Again it is about the item, not the individual.

Plus it isn't your problem if Arod313 feels he is owed an apology.

I am not condoning inconsiderate behavior but seriously it is ok to question an item. It isn't the same as calling someone a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by genius View Post
    Picked up this circa 1966 Atlanta Falcons sideline heavy warmup jacket recently for under $40. Haven't tried to style or photo match it but it's a neat-looking piece in great condition, zip working perfectly.
    Are those Sand Knit tags? Are they the same tags as the Falcons durene you got off this forum? Nice jacket at a great price!

Sylbry... The post by Howard was clearly derogatory and he did have an agenda based on it's tone. If anyone needs to explain to you why his post was of this nature, then clearly you just do not get it. Questioning an item is fine, but I was taken back as well by the tone of it. It was not nice and could have been phrased in a much better manner. I was hoping that this would drop, but your continual defence of him is just getting tired.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ozric View Post
    Sylbry... The post by Howard was clearly derogatory and he did have an agenda based on it's tone. If anyone needs to explain to you why his post was of this nature, then clearly you just do not get it. Questioning an item is fine, but I was taken back as well by the tone of it. It was not nice and could have been phrased in a much better manner. I was hoping that this would drop, but your continual defence of him is just getting tired.
    Thank You this is the last time I will post about this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozric View Post
    I did not read anything derogatory about Howard's first post. Guess I have better things to do than try to read intent of a post.

How on earth is my "continual defence" of Howard getting tired? I have not defended him. Howard can speak for himself. I CLEARLY stated I had the same question as Howard.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    CORRECTION:
    They appear to be early to mid 1960s Spanjian tags.
    Thanx for the replies. I have attached a close-up scan of the Spanjian tag and the "518" that is stamped on both the Spanjian tag as well as the crotchpiece.

So far, I've found that the Colts jerseys in 1957 used a similar numerical font style.

I've also found that several professional teams in the 1950's and 60's wore a similiar style of sleeve stripping on their jerseys that reflected their team colors.

It should be fun trying to figure it out. Love those vintage jerseys.

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images