Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Angry eBay Has Gone To Hell In A Hand Basket!!!

I don't know why they have to go and mess up a good thing. I have read all of your posts on here about how bad the recent changes to eBay have made them. Now I am a victim, and I need to vent it off.

So, like most Bears collectors, I was hoping to cash in on our newest 'Dream Man', Jay Cutler.

A few weeks ago I got in touch with my connection at Reebok and asked them to make up 40 Authentic On-Field Cutler jerseys for me. I forked out the cash, up front, and all was good.

They arrived in the mail yesterday, exactly as I ordered, so I took some snapshots, wrote up a listing and posted them on eBay. 5 different sizes, 5 different listings.

4 out of the 5 had bids. No more than 2 hours after I had listed them I got an e-mail from eBay's Trust & Safety Dept. stating that I was in violation of eBay policy and that all of my listings have been removed....WTF!

I called the customer service line, only to be given the run around. I was told that they cannot give me any specifics as to why I was in violation. They could only tell me that I WAS in violation.

Now, why in the hell can they not tell me what's up. How am I supposed to correct the problem if no one is able to tell me what the problem is?

After some hard thought about what I may have violated, I went back on to My eBay, and tried to put them back up, only to be told that I have to take some ridiculous tutorial about policy violation.

So, I took their tutorial, redid the listing, took different photo's, redid the title and description, and relisted them.

4 hours goes by. I have bids on all 5 listings. I go to bed at 10pm. I get up this morning to the same frickin' e-mail!

They removed them AGAIN!

By now I am P*SSED OFF! I get back on the phone with Customer Care. They again tell me that they cannot tell me specifically what I was in violation of. I feel for the poor little girl I was screaming at, but I was not getting any answers and she refused to transfer me to someone who could assist me better.

Getting nowhere with this bimbo, I tried to call a 3rd time to try and get answers. Same story, except this time I was told to e-mail the Trust & Safety Dept. So, I did. I explained everything that was going on, my concerns, my 3 calls to customer care, etc.

Now I have to sit and wait to hear from them........

Why is it that they cannot tell me what I violated? Now my account is suspended & it isn't just 2 violations for 2 sets of listings. It's 10 violations! 1 violation per listing!

ARRRGGGGGG!! I am frustrated!!! Anyone have some advise on what I should do? Sorry about the tirade!

Banned

Re: eBay Has Gone To Hell In A Hand Basket!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    I don't know why they have to go and mess up a good thing. I have read all of your posts on here about how bad the recent changes to eBay have made them. Now I am a victim, and I need to vent it off.

So, like most Bears collectors, I was hoping to cash in on our newest 'Dream Man', Jay Cutler.

A few weeks ago I got in touch with my connection at Reebok and asked them to make up 40 Authentic On-Field Cutler jerseys for me. I forked out the cash, up front, and all was good.

They arrived in the mail yesterday, exactly as I ordered, so I took some snapshots, wrote up a listing and posted them on eBay. 5 different sizes, 5 different listings.

4 out of the 5 had bids. No more than 2 hours after I had listed them I got an e-mail from eBay's Trust & Safety Dept. stating that I was in violation of eBay policy and that all of my listings have been removed....WTF!

I called the customer service line, only to be given the run around. I was told that they cannot give me any specifics as to why I was in violation. They could only tell me that I WAS in violation.

Now, why in the hell can they not tell me what's up. How am I supposed to correct the problem if no one is able to tell me what the problem is?

After some hard thought about what I may have violated, I went back on to My eBay, and tried to put them back up, only to be told that I have to take some ridiculous tutorial about policy violation.

So, I took their tutorial, redid the listing, took different photo's, redid the title and description, and relisted them.

4 hours goes by. I have bids on all 5 listings. I go to bed at 10pm. I get up this morning to the same frickin' e-mail!

They removed them AGAIN!

By now I am P*SSED OFF! I get back on the phone with Customer Care. They again tell me that they cannot tell me specifically what I was in violation of. I feel for the poor little girl I was screaming at, but I was not getting any answers and she refused to transfer me to someone who could assist me better.

Getting nowhere with this bimbo, I tried to call a 3rd time to try and get answers. Same story, except this time I was told to e-mail the Trust & Safety Dept. So, I did. I explained everything that was going on, my concerns, my 3 calls to customer care, etc.

Now I have to sit and wait to hear from them........

Why is it that they cannot tell me what I violated? Now my account is suspended & it isn't just 2 violations for 2 sets of listings. It's 10 violations! 1 violation per listing!

ARRRGGGGGG!! I am frustrated!!! Anyone have some advise on what I should do? Sorry about the tirade!
    Ebay is essentially a monopoly and they act like it. It is ludicrous they can't tell you what's wrong and what you need to do to correct it.

Angry Re: eBay Has Gone To Hell In A Hand Basket!!!

I got SERVED recently too..I deal in vitage skateboards to facilitate my Game Used addiction. I HAD a perfect 100% feedback since '98. The other day i sold to a guy who paid right away. So i sent it out the next day. Two weeks later no feedback. Then out nowhere i have a negitive feedback and paypal coming after me. So i lose the skateboard.$200.00
    lose with Paypal 200.00 and get a negitve feedback THAT I CANT RESPOND TO. Buyer did not want confirmation and insurance so I pay.
    Lesson Learned....Tried to call Ebay for REASONING, and i must have got the same "Bimbo" triple XXX got.....I"m done with them.. they dont care if you were there sice 98 or 2008..Burn Ebay Burn

What area did you post these auctions in?

God......I can just feel my blood pressure rising as I read these posts.

This is exactly why I won't sell on ebay anymore.....EVER.

Triple xXx....

Can you please post your listing verbage right here for us? I'll bet I could tell you in short order what your "violation" was, as this happened to me.

It could be something with you mentioning paypal and how the charge for it is handled...It could be about you commenting on another company....

I have had the same thing happen to me, when all I was doing was absolute full disclosure on how I was trying to raise money which was why I was selling the item......and I stated that using paypal was counter-productive to my effort. BUT....I said....."If you want to use paypal, I will aloow it for the extra security it gives you buyers...but you will have to pay their fee they charge me".

IIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!! WRONG!....says ebay!

I was in "violation", as it turned out, of dodging selling fees....and they shut my auction down. EVEN as I fully disclosed that I was only selling the item to raise money, and I only wanted a check, money order, or cashier's check.

I hate ebay.

I hate the gen "X'ers" and Gen "Y'ers" that run the place.

They are clueless.....ignorant.....without business sense, and completely void of the ability to reason.

Post your verbage....let me see if I can help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    What area did you post these auctions in?
    Listed in category: Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Fan Apparel & Souvenirs > Football-NFL > Chicago Bears > Jerseys

In retail, it is a violation of law to charge a fee to a customer who uses a credit card. I am not sure how gas companies get away with it????

I know it is a violation of ebay policies to charge a fee to a bidder for using paypal.

I prefer paypal. The fee is not that bad. Always ship delivery confirmation and you are protected. On a expensive item, I would pay insurance or require the buyer to pay the insurance.

Or if the item is really special ship Registered Mail. It is the safest way to ship anything. Every postal employee that touches your item has to sign for it. Plus the addressee has to sign for it.
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post

Triple xXx....

Can you please post your listing verbage right here for us?

CHICAGO BEARS REEBOK AUTHENTIC ON-FIELD JAY CUTLER JERSEY

BRAND NEW FOR THE 2009 SEASON!!

Be the first to own an Authentic REEBOK Jay Cutler Jersey.

These are BRAND NEW, w/ tags.

The jersey is constructed of heavy weight BLACK polyester with spandex trim.

All the letters, numbers, & logos are stitched.

The sleeves are custom cut, w/ spandex sides.

These jerseys are made exactly like the players wear on the field.

We have these jerseys in hand. NO WAITING! READY TO SHIP TODAY!

SIZES 48(M) - 56(XXXL) AVAILABLE!

We ordered a very small quantity of these, and once they are gone - THEY'RE GONE!

Please be sure to ask if you have any questions

Another thing that gets me is I have Matt Forte jerseys listed with those EXACT SAME WORDS!!

The only difference is I changed MATT FORTE to JAY CUTLER, and obviously the pics.

Same jersey, same color, same tags, same Reebok Hologram, same vendor, SAME LISTING!!

Check it out for yourself. Do an eBay search for 'Chicago Bears Matt Forte Jersey.' You'll find 'em.

Those are still up with no problems. Why am I not in violation with the Matt Forte jerseys if it is the EXACT SAME!? I just don't get it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post

Triple xXx....

Can you please post your listing verbage right here for us? I'll bet I could tell you in short order what your "violation" was, as this happened to me.

It could be something with you mentioning paypal and how the charge for it is handled...It could be about you commenting on another company....

I have had the same thing happen to me, when all I was doing was absolute full disclosure on how I was trying to raise money which was why I was selling the item......and I stated that using paypal was counter-productive to my effort. BUT....I said....."If you want to use paypal, I will aloow it for the extra security it gives you buyers...but you will have to pay their fee they charge me".

IIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!! WRONG!....says ebay!

I was in "violation", as it turned out, of dodging selling fees....and they shut my auction down. EVEN as I fully disclosed that I was only selling the item to raise money, and I only wanted a check, money order, or cashier's check.

I hate ebay.

I hate the gen "X'ers" and Gen "Y'ers" that run the place.

They are clueless.....ignorant.....without business sense, and completely void of the ability to reason.

I'm confused by your post: I agree that ebay is getting very "seller-unfriendly," but ebay rules are VERY clear that you cannot make buyers pay any of your selling fees. Didn't you know that going in? If I put a sign in my store saying "no shirt, no shoes, no service," and you walk in barefoot, would I really be out of line asking you to leave?

Also, you said twice that you were "only selling the item to raise money," as if ebay should've allowed you to break their rules (and cost them money, they aren't a charity, last I looked) so you can fulfill your wish to raise money. Why else would you be selling on ebay, other than to raise money?? Am I missing something?

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com