Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Opinions: To sign or not to sign?

About a year ago I finally got my hands on a Grail item: a Randy White game used jersey. Pounded. Anyway I noticed Randy will be signing at a show in Chicago in a couple weeks and am torn on whether to get it signed by him or not. I'm leaning towards no but wanted to get opinions. Discuss.

Re: Opinions: To sign or not to sign?

I wouldn't .... it was not signrd when he wore it .

Is it possible to find a photo of him in the jersey and have him sign the photo instead? You could possibly display the photo and jersey together. Just a thought if your not positive about having the jersey signed.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

I am not a big fan of having game used jerseys signed. I usually take pics of the jersey & make a 8X10 collage with the jersey & photo of the jersey being used in a game if possible. I then get the player to sign the photo.

I did that with my Dane Sardinha jersey & will have that done with my Kurt Suzuki jerseys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I agree with the previous replies. I wouldn't get a GU jersey signed, although I would get a GU bat or glove signed. I like the idea of having a picture of him wearing the jersey signed instead.

I think it depends. If he recognizes it as a jersey of his or if you can show him a photo match, maybe he tags it with a nice GU XXXX on it. Then I think you get it signed.

Banned

There's nothing like a nice signature of a great player on one of his gamers, adds value to it, especially if you can get him to add a nice inscription.

"How 'bout some more beans, Mr. Taggart?" is always a great one for a Cowboy.

Whatever you choose, I wish you well in your decision making.

I wouldn't get it signed. Too many things could go wrong with the actual signing and then down the road with fading, bleeding, etc.

I've passed on buying many jerseys because they had been signed.

It's amazing how many jerseys are signed badly.

For me, an item is much less desirable if its signed.
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

I get any game used bat, jersey, glove etc signed in my collection. Always have always will. People will debate this forever like they do cracked vs uncracked bats.

I view the gamer as retired and signed upon that retirement and in my collection. My Trammell road Tigers will be signed Saturday afternoon...

Regarding the cracked vs uncracked delimma - I always buy unc. because I want a bat that looks like it still could be used. Signatures add in either case - for me.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com