Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Banned

Re: 8D Auctions Catalog

I'm NOT attacking any auction house. I just wanted to know how they got my personal information that's all.

Yes, I could have done this in private I agree. For that I'm sorry.

I know Chris has a lot on his hands at the moment and thought a post would be the fastest way to get my answer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SkubeBats View Post
    I'm NOT attacking any auction house. I just wanted to know how they got my personal information that's all.

Yes, I could have done this in private I agree. For that I'm sorry.

I know Chris has a lot on his hands at the moment and thought a post would be the fastest way to get my answer.
    Haha, a compromise!

Go Packers!

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    You don't have to do business with this charity funding auction house, but you don't need to come on here and complain about it. How much do you pay to post on this forum? Maybe you should leave it if you don't like them sending you a catalog?

their auction house that gives a percentage to a charity of every final bid, you attack unprofessionally and you can't just admit you handled it wrong and say you are sorry?

Please - when you attack charities and those who give you a free public forum, learn some manners of basic appreciation in our society. If you don't like it, there are other countries that will take you.
    Joel I am going to have to respectfully disagree.

The fact they are charitable is irrelevant. Every reply you made to Jamie was as if it was "ok" for them to send a catalog he sees as unsolicited and a disclosure of his personal information because they donate some of the winning bid money to charity. I for one don't want anyone having my private information without my consent, charity or not. I'm all for this auction house and look forward to their auction but it's irresponsible to give them a free pass due to charitable endeavors.

Show some appreciation and take your issues to private emails and be professional and mature about it.
    I'm just wondering Joel, how come it's ok for you to blast Jamie on the forum and claim he is "unprofessional", "a bully", and should "learn some manners" but he can't complain about getting an unsolicited catalog and should "take (his) issues to private emails"?

You are often a bully who attacks as if you are bigger than the world. You were wrong and I have received contact with others since this thread started a few hours ago amazed you attacked an auction house on a forum that gives you the privilege to post for free and an auction house that offers part of every final bid to a charitable organization.
    Sure, Jamie could have just emailed Chris and ask to be removed from any mailings. It's what I would have done and as you said, what you would have done. However, we are kidding ourselves if you think this has anything to do with 8D.

Identity Theft is at an all time high and one of the ways to protect ourselves is to make sure our information isn't given to other companies or accessible by third parties. Jamie was also concerned his information wasn't being given away by Chris and GUU to JO or other companies in a previous thread and was assured it wasn't. Then he received a catalog and voiced his displeasure at it.

I just don't know why he should be made a pariah of for voicing a dissenting opinion without callous or abusive language
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

While I certainly don't condone the manner and venue with which Jamie raised this topic, I DO understand why some users here on GUU might be upset that their info was shared. Per Chris's original post introducing all of us to 8D-

"As for the GUU site, it will continue to provide free content and communities features to our members and will be completely separate from the 8D entity."

If GUU owned 8D or vice versa, that is a different story. If its a completely separate entity from GUU, then GUU sharing personal member info with this entity should be a no no. Perhaps an opt in would have been a better way to engage GUU members.

Again, could have been communicated better but my guess is that most everyone here wanted to be included in 8D's target audience. If Chris's new venture had nothing to do with sports a few more users might be singing a different tune.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    Joel I am going to have to respectfully disagree.

The fact they are charitable is irrelevant. Every reply you made to Jamie was as if it was "ok" for them to send a catalog he sees as unsolicited and a disclosure of his personal information because they donate some of the winning bid money to charity. I for one don't want anyone having my private information without my consent, charity or not. I'm all for this auction house and look forward to their auction but it's irresponsible to give them a free pass due to charitable endeavors.

I'm just wondering Joel, how come it's ok for you to blast Jamie on the forum and claim he is "unprofessional", "a bully", and should "learn some manners" but he can't complain about getting an unsolicited catalog and should "take (his) issues to private emails"?

Sure, Jamie could have just emailed Chris and ask to be removed from any mailings. It's what I would have done and as you said, what you would have done. However, we are kidding ourselves if you think this has anything to do with 8D.

Identity Theft is at an all time high and one of the ways to protect ourselves is to make sure our information isn't given to other companies or accessible by third parties. Jamie was also concerned his information wasn't being given away by Chris and GUU to JO or other companies in a previous thread and was assured it wasn't. Then he received a catalog and voiced his displeasure at it.

I just don't know why he should be made a pariah of for voicing a dissenting opinion without callous or abusive language
    I have no reply to your points. They are stupid and you can defend Jamie's actions all you want. He was wrong. With respect to Chris and 8D he should have emailed them privately.

I do not need to reply to your points and I will not. Please do not post towards me again about this topic. You are wrong and defending attacking this forum's new auction house format is wrong. Deal with it. Reading your post is a waste of time and you bringing up identity theft is ridiculous.

Please - Do not post to me again about this. Your theory is such a waste of time I'd rather not have to waste any more of my life reading such nonsense.

Banned

gingi79 hit it right on the head. I had a problem a few years back with a guy who stole my indentity and ran up my credit cards. Thats why I don't like to give out my personal information. Thats the reason I was wondering how my info was giving out. Nothing more then that, I promise.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SkubeBats View Post
    gingi79 hit it right on the head. I had a problem a few years back with a guy who stole my indentity and ran up my credit cards. Thats why I don't like to give out my personal information. Thats the reason I was wondering how my info was giving out. Nothing more then that, I promise.
    But you admitted you knew 8D and GUU were tied together and you come on here, now worried about identity theft from a forum you have 2000 posts on so you know where to find the owner but you attack them on the forum instead of emailing them?

Common respect would have been the human thing to do.

I have no reply to your points. They are stupid and you can defend Jamie's actions all you want. He was wrong. With respect to Chris and 8D he should have emailed them privately.

I do not need to reply to your points and I will not. Please do not post towards me again about this topic. You are wrong and defending attacking this forum's new auction house format is wrong. Deal with it. Reading your post is a waste of time and you bringing up identity theft is ridiculous.

Please - Do not post to me again about this. Your theory is such a waste of time I'd rather not have to waste any more of my life reading such nonsense.
    So when you don't like a dissenting opinion rather than discuss yours, your reply is that someone else's opinions are "stupid" and a "waste of time"? For someone with a long history of defending the minority opinion on this board all I can say is I'm disappointed in you Joel.

You are right, you don't need to reply to me, my valid points or my very factual dissection of you exhibiting everything you chastised Jamie for but your reply said it all for you anyway.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    So when you don't like a dissenting opinion rather than discuss yours, your reply is that someone else's opinions are "stupid" and a "waste of time"? For someone with a long history of defending the minority opinion on this board all I can say is I'm disappointed in you Joel.

You are right, you don't need to reply to me, my valid points or my very factual dissection of you exhibiting everything you chastised Jamie for but your reply said it all for you anyway.
    You bringing up identify theft makes your post a waste of time. I respect you, please don't have me change my mind while defending someone who always posts with Big Brother theories.

Sorry I worded my reply so strongly. I didn't mean to be insulting and I see it came over that way.

Banned

trsent,
    I never attacked anyone on this post. Your the only one that is attacking people. It doesn't matter if 8D & GUU are conected my personal information isn't to be shared with anyone. Thats my piont!

In the past Chris has posted if you have nothing to hide why make private email's when you can post on the forum for everyone to see.