Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Re: NFL AUCTIONS - Game Used

his direct line is (212) 450-2552

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    This MJR258 clown is the same guy that is running my Cutler through the roof, not to mention many others.

I still cannot fathom the antics allowed and the ethics used by NFL Auctions. The problem is, is that NFL Auctions will continue to allow this and there is not a damn thing any of us are going to do about it.

I would eat my own shoe and publicly display the video of it if NFL Auctions went back into the previous listing and knocked out all of the bids that these non-paying, ass clown bidders placed with no intentions of committing to the sale.

It is situations like this that make JO's premiums better and better. At least with them you do not get all the B.S. like what is going on at NFL Auctions.
    NFL Auctions allows this for a very simple reason. The higher the prices the more is raised for charity and the better the NFL looks. The solution is just not to bid when one of these guys and we all know who they are bids. This way they can win the item and not pay and then the item can be relisted again and again eventually they will get tired of relisting item after item, their fundraising total will be down and they will react by starting to take action against these people.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    NFL Auctions allows this for a very simple reason. The higher the prices the more is raised for charity and the better the NFL looks. The solution is just not to bid when one of these guys and we all know who they are bids. This way they can win the item and not pay and then the item can be relisted again and again eventually they will get tired of relisting item after item, their fundraising total will be down and they will react by starting to take action against these people.
    Very well said, and I agree completely. I have only bid on/won 1 item from there. I am not all that anxious to go on a bidding war with people (we know who) who have no intentions other than to rocket the prices and not pay.

I am not the one that is losing out if I do not bid on an item that I like because of these antics, it is the charities, and if that is alright with the NFL, then it is fine by me as well.

I haven't bid on any of the jerseys prominently discussed in this thread, but I have bid against jebacke on several jerseys that have been relisted after he/she won the auction. In one instance I got the relisted jersey I wanted for $900 less than its original sale price to Jebacke. Anybody else have an experience with this bidder? I agree that there should be some sanction to bidding and not being able to pay.

On another note, I wish someone would finally win (and pay for) that pesky Barber jersey so that I don't have to keep looking at it week after week!

Jason

If they bid and don't pay, NFL Auctions should ban their username, ip address, credit card, phone number and whatever else they can to avoid them coming back with different info.

It's almost like they don't care if they don't get paid. Makes no sense business wise and I thought they were supposed to be smart over at the NFL. The only way it makes sense is that if they have done analysis showing that the boost they get in prices offsets the nonpaying bidders. I doubt that they have done this, and I doubt that analysis would prove they get more money the way they let people repeat after not paying.

Another option would be for them to have a policy where the non-paying bidder's bids are automatically thown out and second place wins. Of course this would change the dynamics of the bidding while it is happening (i.e. if I see something ALREADY higher than what it's worth I simply wouldn't bid). Plus they'd have to chase after the second place guy which probably wouldn't pay off.

Besides pissing money away, NFL (Auctions) is pissing off serious bidders. Times are tough and it's insulting to see them doing things this way.

dyna

PS I hope they do have a spy here.

I am still waiting to hear back from NFL Auctions......The "Straw" is bidding again on the new Barber jersey! Yea....you would think after already winning a few times and not paying, he would be done!

As much as I would like to add the final piece to my Bucs collection, NFL Auctions won't be seeing a penny from me.
    I can't participate (i.e., throw my money away) in something that doesn't make sense.

Banned

Interesting auction last night. The Cutler went for $2,500, the odd part is the Cutler in the Hunt's SuperBowl Auction that ended online Saturday and was live Sunday went for only $1,300. Both had the Pink Patch the one on NFL Auctions is autographed but a $1,200 difference has to be the most expensive Cutler autograph ever. I would have thought the live auction would have brought crazy prices due to all the high roller's being at the game but most were reasonable. A rare Favre Jets gamer only went for 10k. Did anyone win anything from the Hunts Auction i came up just short on a Brandon Marshall I won the online part but at the live auction someone topped me by one bid which I hate when that happens.

On a side note the Olin Kreutz on NFl auctions must have set a new record for a center's jersey sale price. That was alot of coin for a guy who won't make Canton. Kevin Manawe who will make Canton had his gamer sell for under $600 on there earlier this year it ended up on Ebay for essentially what the guy paid and over a month later it is still there.

Banned

Crazy prices. But as usual you had a couple of the usual guys running the prices up. Let's see if any of that stuff gets relisted if some of these guys don't pay. $3,000 for Kreutz ? Unreal ! The Cutler went for exactly what JO is selling it for. I think Bears stuff goes for some of the most inflated prices. Look at the signed Forte Jerseys still going for $400. Either these guys are falling victim to the guys running the prices up, or they just don't know the value. Either way, I'm baffled by these new highs !

Looks like Mulligans/pbrtalls finally ended the streak of the Barber jersey being sold and then relisted. Congrats!