Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Gernay, Oldridge, Horne Plead Guilty

Quote Originally Posted by schubert1970 View Post
    ...yet someone you don't have any ties to get's the heavy hammer of Thor heaved into their head?

Bill
    Bill -

1st, that would be Mjölnir - the Hammer of Thor...

2nd' did Mr Cavalier respond to you privately? You mentioned having his attention, yet I didn't see a post from him in this thread - yet.

All the best -

Smitty

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Bill -

1st, that would be Mjölnir - the Hammer of Thor...

2nd' did Mr Cavalier respond to you privately? You mentioned having his attention, yet I didn't see a post from him in this thread - yet.

All the best -

Smitty
    No, but this was similar to an earlier post that was taken down.

This post is for Lokee!!!!!!!!

No, but this was similar to an earlier post that was taken down.

This post is for Lokee!!!!!!!!
    Bill -

Not to stray from the thread at hand, but it just hit me (no pun intended) that you had mentioned Mjölnir and then you state that this post is for Lokee... was your reference to Thor's hammer planned or just coincidence? (Being as Lokee is Thor's nemesis)...

All the best -

Smitty

Banned

Can anyone photo match these?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Bill -

Not to stray from the thread at hand, but it just hit me (no pun intended) that you had mentioned Mjölnir and then you state that this post is for Lokee... was your reference to Thor's hammer planned or just coincidence? (Being as Lokee is Thor's nemesis)...

All the best -

Smitty

I can't lie....just coincidence.

Can anyone photo match these?
    I can tell you they are FAKE with certainty... don't look anything like any of my Police Issue Smith and Wesson's I carried when doing Loss Prevention...

Banned

Smitty - Do you think our posts will be here come tomorrow?

Eric, thanks for starting this thread with updates on the newest version of the "Evil Axis of 6"

The last thread really drove home the fact that even well respected dealers can be found to be less than their reputation and company motto relay. You would think someone whose price structure was as ridiculed at JO's was, would at least take the time to find only authentic merchandise.

I am sure Chris will now remove his affiliation with JO and remove Jarrod and his company from their ability to post here. I say this with sincerity as I have always found GUU to be conducted with integrity and the Mods (including Mr. Cavalier) have always been very straightforward and understanding when a post a comment or have a thread deleted for unknowingly breaking the site's rules.

Other valued members have mentioned the 4 collectors who defended JO. Our resident Walter Payton fan even went so far as to tell us all how his collection is all he cares about and the rest of us deserve to buy fakes and therefore suffer the consequences. I don't however think he said anything worth banning him for. In that particular thread. Censoring his posts simply because he said things we didn't agree with, doesn't jive with the purpose of this site.

I don't think I am alone in saying Chris showed tremendous restraint and true class in dealing with this scandal so far. I bear no ill will towards him or this site and feel confident he will do what is right to continue to protect GUU's integrity.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Smitty - Do you think our posts will be here come tomorrow?
    Bill -

I'm off to bed (just past midnight here in Denver - the 'clock' for this site has never been set by the powers that be) and I'll be up by 5:30am, so I guess we will see.... that is why I always copy and file every post I make before I post it so I will have a copy to reference if the time and need ever come...

All the best -

Smitty

I wake up to scan the forum and can't believe Mr. Oldridge pleaded guilty.

While I have no doubt that Mr. Cavalier is a man of high integrity, he nonetheless is and will be tied to JO now for the wrong reasons. Like it or not, it becomes "trouble" by association.

Of other interest is the affiliation with the 8D Auction, where the DOZENS of game used football items don't have any mention of JO, only Team LOA. Nothing short of a conclusive photomatch would get me to bid.

Dirt and grass stains can be added and Team LOAs that didn't come direct from the Teams to 8D mean very little.

In conclusion, Mr. Oldridge didn't just screw himself, he has screwed many good people by association. He has screwed those who spent their hard earned money with him only to find that JO COA may devalue the item. I only hope that Mr. Cavalier realizes there are very few people that you really know in actuality. Nobody ever prepares for this type of fallout. This is earth shattering in size and scope. It's now how Mr. Cavalier deals with the aftermath that will define him in this hobby.