Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Getty Images

Re: getty images? purchase

Quote Originally Posted by LWMM View Post
    I made an account on their website with no problems, you just have to fill out the usual "register an account" form.

To purchase photos, click on the link below. Even if the photo isn't on their site, you can describe it and they'll get back to you.

http://gallery.pictopia.com/ap/requests/
    That is the exact way I went when I got my email back in the response in my previous post.

What am I doing wrong?
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Hey Andrew,

I am not sure. The photo I got was not an MLB photo so that may be why I could get my pic and you could not. Or maybe someone there got it wrong. My request was for a pic of 2008 World Series bats hanging in the LVS factory to dry. My game issued Evan Longoria WS bat is pictured in that picture! The last piece of provenance to go with my favorite game issued piece.

Just to close this one out, I just received my pics from Reuters and they are AWESOME! I wasn't sure on what size to get so I got two sizes: 20 and 14. I got them with the caption that explains what is happening in the pic. I now have 2 high-res prints photomatching my game issued Evan Longoria WS bat hanging in the LVS factory to dry. I have a couple other photo needs, so we'll see how those go. Then we will see if Reuters works with actual game photos.

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    I tried to purchase an AP photo thru APimages.com which sent me to Pictopia. After my query, I got back this email:

Thank you for your interest in photographic reprints from Associated Press and Pictopia.

Unfortunately, we cannot fulfill your request (#1751384b32) at this time for the following reason: The requested image is not available for sale.

Please contact Getty Images for MLB photos. Thank you.

Please visit our galleries again for other photos that may be of interest to you, and do not hesitate to make new requests in the future.

If you have any further questions about this, contact us. Please use your Request id# 1751384b32 in any correspondence with us.

Thank you,

Customer Service

The Pictopia Team
    (800) 390-7269
    customerservice@pictopia.com
    Were they MLB pics you were trying to buy? If so, that's weird because I never had any problems buying MLB pics through Pictopia. I"ve gotten a similar response when I tried to buy some NBA pics (NBA rights to photos) and recently some Jason Kidd college pics.

Duh, it said right in your post they were MLB photos. Sorry about that. It's early on the Left coast!

Hey Dewey,

No the pics were not MLB pics. But apparently you are saying pictopia can get you prints of MLB pics. That's good, because the next pics I want will be MLB pics. I just have my doubts based on Andrew Lang's experience with trying to get MLB photos from them.

Nevermind, you weren't responding to my post. But I sure hope they will sell me prints of mlb pics. We'll see. It is early on the left coast!

I've bought three Dontrelle Willis MLB pics from them in the past and there was never a problem with availability. Same with the NFL, the two pics I wanted were available as well. I thought it was just the NBA that was off limits but apparently there are others too. Now that I think about it I vaguely remember Getty buying the rights to some pics but can't remember exactly what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by mbenga28 View Post
    their live chat is inconsistent, I was told by one representative I could purchase a sports image for personal use for $150 and another that I could not because it is intended for editorial purposes only, not for private use.
    Exactly the same thing happened to me.

Larry

WTB Kurt Suzuki Getty Imgaes Photograph

I am interested in buying a 8X10 photo of Kurt Suzuki. I saw it on the Getty Images website, it is photo #82766061. Please let me know if you have a photo for sale (if the price is not to high).

Email me at guppies@guppies4me.com

Thanks