Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jersey with no signs of use is labeled as issued

I'm a customer of b+e collectibles. They are currently offering a 2000 Mets Mo Vaughn jersey as game issued. So far no problem. It's listed as "Same as a gamer..shows no use..so were selling as game issued".What does this mean for my Mets "Game Used"jersey that I bought from them in the past that shows no use? Also this 2000 Mets set 1 has a 2002 9/11 patch that was only on 2002 jerseys. I'm happy their erring on the side of caution but what happens to past sales that similarly display no signs of use?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2000-New-York-Me...QQcmdZViewItem

Re: Jersey with no signs of use is labeled as issued

The 9-11 isnt a patch its embroidered...And Vaugn was with them in 2002 was it common to have a set tag from 2000 on a player that wasnt with them till 2002?? Also it missing the Mets anniversary patch..I asked about the Ventura but he never responded...What did you buy off of him last time another Mets gamer????

The 9-11-01 was also on the Mets jerseys at the end of the 2001 season..

I e-mailed them to confirm the 2000 set tag as you can't see it. They sent their patented one word answer:"$2,000" which means 2000 as in year.

So im guessing it was a game issued that was customized???

Quote Originally Posted by dcrules01 View Post
    So im guessing it was a game issued that was customized???

GF Auctions had a 2000 tagged home white jersey which was alledgedly worn during the 2001 season which had the 9-11-01 patch and American Flag patch over the MLB patch on the back.

This Vaughn jersey does not have the flag patch but the worse thing going for it is the fact that Mo didn't even play for the Mets in 2001 and only in 2002.

Perhaps this jersey was made up for him and used during the new conference when he signed prior to the start of the 2002 season is my guess.

David

Id love to find a gamer 2001 Mets with the flag any leads?? Ive only ever seen the 2002....

There are examples of Mets jerseys worn after 9/11 (in 2001,not just the 2002 season)that DO HAVE the 9-1-01 embriodery.See photo below. Also for Mo Vaughn's Dec 28,2001 News conference for signing w/Mets he's wearing a black jersey that has Mets in front not New York. I've bought a Ventura jersey from b+e in the past. It to was hemmed along the bottom. But the label was displayed along the bottom(Size 48 set 1 2000). When I got it it the jersey looked real short. Almost like it was modified for a child to wear. It could have been worn by Ventura but why that short? I brought the jersey to "Stitches" they looked at it and said they have no record of Ventura with requests for modification. Then the kid that sews on the name and numbers was brought over and he looked at it. He did something strange, He took out a ruler from his back pocket and measured from the top of the #4 to the bottom of "T" in Ventura and said,"That's not mine"(work). The other guy then says the jersey's real but it's not ours.(Did anybody but Stitches do uniforms for the Mets in 2000,2001?)
    dcrules01-Find out if Ventura had at times modified his jersey. I felt that he did but could not confirm it with any other jersey untill this one,which doesn't exactly settled the question.There's sometimes these minor mysteries with b+e. Their items are real but they never seem to answer the small concerns which lead to threads like this which- believe me WE WILL BE CRITICIZED FOR DOING. Back to the original question. I have another jersey from b+e that showed no player use. I showed it to "Stitches" they said it's definitely our work. He also said,"It looks like it's never been used." If that jersey was sold today by b+e's new standards would it be game issued?

I have bought several team issued Buccaneers jerseys from b-e-collectibles and although I haven't had any major issues with any of my purchases I've learned not to bother asking questions after the sale. The guy's name is Joe Esposito and communication is not his strong point. If it will help make the sale he will probably send you a 3-word reply, MAX. But don't waste your time asking about an item after you've purchased it because the only sounds you'll hear are crickets and tumbleweeds.

nice photos Swoboda especially of Vaughn. I didn't notice the jersey was a road and not a home. This really adds to the mystery as to why a road w/ 9/11 embroidery would even exist for Mo.

David