Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade Question

Trade Question

Are we now able to list items on here that are available for trade with other forum members?????????????????

Re: Trade Question

CtoC section doesn't mention trading, unless I missed it.

It does however, mention not post anything also being sold on eBay, and that happens a lot.

I don't know if things have changed however, I did have a listing removed once from the CtoC for being a For Trade post with no price.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Anyone else know?

Seems the moderation/ supervision of the site has become minimal since the resigntion of the group of moderators a few months ago.

I agree with kellSox with very little to no moderation. I actually found out from some members on net54, that it's taken several months before new members are being approved. One person had to wait 6 months.

The apparent decline in participation and overall lack of quality posts ( compared to several years ago) is a direct reflection of the lack of administratve presence. In my opinion this site has no real direction and has been largely uncared for. Hey- do you know that the 2011 8d holiday auction is live?

Ok thanks all I'm going to put up a Teixeria bat for trade or sale.

Quote Originally Posted by kellsox View Post
    The apparent decline in participation and overall lack of quality posts ( compared to several years ago) is a direct reflection of the lack of administratve presence.
    Am I the only one who hasn't noticed the "decline" and "lack", or doesn't think this is necessarily true?

I've been on discussion boards of various kinds that don't get as many posts in a month as this forum gets in the average day.

I guess I'm also not entirely clear on what constitutes a "quality post", in the view of some. I see folks proudly posting their new acquisitions, helping one another out with identifications, and the like. We've got the pro bats division manager of Hillerich and Bradsby doing records checks and answering questions about bat production and ordering, for crying out loud - what the heck do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    Am I the only one who hasn't noticed the "decline" and "lack", or doesn't think this is necessarily true?

I've been on discussion boards of various kinds that don't get as many posts in a month as this forum gets in the average day.

I guess I'm also not entirely clear on what constitutes a "quality post", in the view of some. I see folks proudly posting their new acquisitions, helping one another out with identifications, and the like. We've got the pro bats division manager of Hillerich and Bradsby doing records checks and answering questions about bat production and ordering, for crying out loud - what the heck do you want?
    Jeff -

To borrow and rework a phrase from P.T. Barnum:

"You can't please all the people all the time, but you can please some of the people some of the time."

I don't think the posts have declined, but I do agree that there has been a very apparent lack of 'supervision' since the attrition of many of the mods.

- Smitty