Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Patrick Willis...No Game Use to Lots of Game Use!

This Patrick Willis jersey mysteriously picked up some major use in only a few days. Notice the front shoulder area. This is pathetic.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PATRICK-WILL...p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-PATRICK...item3a98458d5e

Re: Patrick Willis...No Game Use to Lots of Game Use!

In case another mystery occurs and the auctions get deleted I've added before and after pics.......
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Before.......
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wash tag looks different on both jersey pics. Notice the white stitch pattern and the "2013" looks to be in a different spot.

Quote Originally Posted by beachpetrol View Post
    Wash tag looks different on both jersey pics. Notice the white stitch pattern and the "2013" looks to be in a different spot.
    If these are different jerseys then he must have a cache of $3000 Patrick Willis jerseys lying around.

I noticed the nameplates are different as well. So you think they changed the nameplate on the issued jersey to make it look like a different jersey and add some wear to it, to make it look game used? Even though nowhere in the current auction does it say game worn or game used.

I noticed the nameplates are different as well. So you think they changed the nameplate on the issued jersey to make it look like a different jersey and add some wear to it, to make it look game used? Even though nowhere in the current auction does it say game worn or game used.
    I'll agree it doesn't say game used...but it does say "some use with several hit marks". I wonder where those hit marks came from. Further, I stand by my previous comment that this guy has a cache of jerseys lying around that happen to be worth 3-4K a piece.....from the same player....from the same year....both road jerseys....and not a lick of provenance, history, etc. I leave it to each collector to form their own opinion. I have definitely formed mine.

My friend when I'm wrong I say I'm wrong. The plates are different. I should've looked closer. But I still wonder where those "hit marks and transfer markings" came from...on a superstar player jersey without one shred of provenance.

I've spoken to him before on some 49ers jerseys. He said his dad is an entertianment lawyer and specifically works with XAM which represents Kaepernick. I ended up not feeling comfortable with it, but the guy did seem knowledgable so for better or worse, he does seem to know what is what. He said he actually does have boxes of jerseys dating from back to 09. He was talking about the difference between replating a jersey and game used. In the end seemed like a nice guy, but I looked at photos of all the games from the season the jersey was represented as and couldn't match up any of the marks, so I ended up passing.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorLoomis View Post
    My friend when I'm wrong I say I'm wrong. The plates are different. I should've looked closer. But I still wonder where those "hit marks and transfer markings" came from...on a superstar player jersey without one shred of provenance.
    I am wrong but there must be something to make me right.
    Some of you guys are like those Bigfoot hunters. You see a Bigfoot in every photo and behind every tree.
    You should apologize to the seller.