Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

NBA Opening Night(s) auctions - Jerseys of starting 5 of each 30

Just a heads up for anybody interested:

For the 1st time on Tuesday, 10/26, fans of all 30 teams will have the chance to own game worn jerseys of the starting 5 players on their team's opening night roster. The auctioning will begin at tipoff of the Boston/Miami game which will give you a rare opportunity to watch the players wearing the jersey that you will be bidding on. Hope to see you soon at auctions.nba.com.

Re: NBA Opening Night(s) auctions - Jerseys of starting 5 of each 30

is it really a rare opportunity when we kind of know what's going to happen at the conclusion of the auctions?

Quote Originally Posted by mbenga28 View Post
    is it really a rare opportunity when we kind of know what's going to happen at the conclusion of the auctions?
    Hopefully he only goes after the superstars & rookies like John Wall & Blake Griffin.

Banned

This is great and a rare chance for everyone to pickup quality stuff. I doubt JT will even bid on many of them because if you had their allstar jerseys, playoff jerseys and special event jerseys aren't plain old regular season jerseys kind of boring? Plus to keep bidding on all of them would take like 30 people on 30 computers so I am confident this time. Good luck everyone hope we all get good stuff.

Banned

where did you see this? i dont see anything about it anywhere. barry can you give us more info. i.e. when will the auctions end?

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    where did you see this? i dont see anything about it anywhere. barry can you give us more info. i.e. when will the auctions end?
    I saw it on their Offical Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/NBA-Au...3640115?ref=ts

Great stuff for NBA collectors. Debut jerseys from rookies are nice bonus for the winners of those. Didn't last year they auction game balls from a bunch openers? I know they did some kind of opening week auctions.

It seems as though MeiGray has nothing to do with these opening night(s) auctions, there is no report or news whatsoever on the official site or twitter page of these special jerseys. Surprising, because I thought that MeiGray would be included in all those game used auctions with the NBA.

Some more information via SLAM...

For the first time, fans of all 30 teams will have the chance to own game-worn jerseys of the starting five players on their team’s opening-night roster. It will also mark the first time that NBA Revolution 30 jerseys, introduced across the League this season and featuring adidas’ newest technology, will be available for auction on NBA.com.

Auctions will begin for the first three games that play on Oct. 26 and will run through Tuesday, Nov. 16. The league will auction the remaining teams’ jerseys on a rolling basis throughout the season. After the games are played, the jerseys will be authenticated and securely stored until they are delivered to the winners. To celebrate the Los Angeles Lakers’ 16th NBA championship, the league will auction every jersey from the team’s opening night roster. To place a bid, fans can log on to auctions.nba.com.

Hi Bambelbitz,

Not to worry. The NBA & MeiGray Game-Worn Jersey Authentication Program is running these auctions, and will be authenticating and hosting the auctions, beginning tonight.

NBA & MGG Authenticators are on site at each of tonight's three games, and the jerseys should start arriving back in our office later this week.

If you have any questions, feel free to call us toll-free at 888-463-4472 or e-mail us at sales@meigray.com

Thanks, Barry