Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mark McGwire game used jersey? Umm, no.

Here's another one that "has the possibility of being a McGwire gamer" sais the seller. He then goes on to issue a disclaimer that he doesn't know for sure after enticing you with his title and description, all pointing to McGwire. He goes on to add (possibly unintentional or intentionally misleading) information that this particular jersey style was worn as far back as 1993 but was worn as late as the early 200s (which of course wrongly dates it predominantly in McGwire's years in Oakland). The jersey in all actuality was not worn anytime before 2003 (5 years after McGwire left the club).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Oakland-As-game-...1%7C240%3A1318

I have written to the seller, politely asking that he change his misleading description.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Re: Mark McGwire game used jersey? Umm, no.

Hmmm. Far as I know, 1993 was the only season they had the patch with the elephant/sunglasses. I had an authentic jersey with that patch that I had customized to a Henderson, and he was with Oakland for half of '93, so that much I think I know. Didn't McGwire wear a larger size, 50 perhaps, by that time anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by eisenreich8 View Post
    Hmmm. Far as I know, 1993 was the only season they had the patch with the elephant/sunglasses. I had an authentic jersey with that patch that I had customized to a Henderson, and he was with Oakland for half of '93, so that much I think I know. Didn't McGwire wear a larger size, 50 perhaps, by that time anyway?
    Majestic did not make that style jersey until 2003. MLB rolled out this same style jersey to all teams, which included with the side vents, "performance" micromesh, piping from neck to sleeve, and decal style authentic tag. Attached is a photo from 2003 spring training; also shows the elephant with suglasses patch on the jerseys...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

I'll have to check the patch at home, I don't remember if the elephant was wearing sunglasses or not, I think it looked angry though, and it had the crossed bats in its trunk. I'm pretty certain it had a different design, the 1993 version.

Banned

You're both right. In 1993 and 1994 the A's wore the elephant with bats crossed in the trunk on their jerseys. But this is a pre-game/ST jersey and TNT is right that it wasn't used until around 2003. The yellow sidevents were not used when Mac was on the team. Hope this helps clear up any confusion. There is no way this is a Mac jersey since they did not wear this style jersey when he was in Oakland.

Aaron

2 different patches.

"elephant with sunglasses" - worn only on BP shirts 1995-2003.

"elephant with crossed bats" - worn on game jerseys and BP shirts in 1993 and 1994 only:

nick is right. plus, that style of majestic tag first started around 2002/2003 and the jersey has the MLB logo on the neck which only began in 2000. there was no #25 on the 2003 A's roster.

rudy.

This auction is from the so called Mcgwire expert! Wow He is the person people go to for opinions on Mcgwire items?

..Yup.I e-mailed the guy last nite too telling him those jerseys didn't come on the scene till '03-2 years after Mac was retired!At best,all he's got there was a game used BP that someone stripped and renumbered into a McGwire.

Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...always looking for game-used JASON GIAMBI equipment!

..Rboitano,I thought the same thing.Plus,the A's haven't used 25 since Mac left-I guess the "experts" just don't do their homework,huh?

Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...always looking for game-used JASON GIAMBI equipment!

Just trying to turn a profit off of there website popularity. I wonder if it has the all important Mcgwire.com COA, I sure hope so. HAHA
    I think Esteban Loaiza wore the number 25 a few years back, I was suprised to see him wearing the number.