Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Unnecessary Rudeness!!

While the example Dave gave wasn't the worst any of us have seen, it's a perfect example of the instant gratification, give me what I want, whiney culture we live in now.
    I'd would jump to the other side and say that everyone is easily offended these days. And when they are, they must let everyone know about it. Why just change the radio station to one you like, when you can go picket in front of the one that doesn't sit well with you. Could a show like All In The Family be on TV in 2012? Don't think so. Too many people would be jumping into the spotlight to demand an apology.

Anyway, below is what I'd consider the rude version of the OP's posted message. See, it could have been much worse

Dude,

It's takes less than five *@#ing minutes to take a photo and email it. I'm not asking you to crop, resize, upload to Photobucket or add music. You can find the time to post a sale ad, but there's no time for photos? Really?

If you can't find time to send a photo, how in the name of all things holy will you possibly find the time to go stand in line at the post office? Or package it....or walk down to the mailbox to get my money order, because we sure as %$#@ know that opening a Paypal account would take even longer than sending photos.

Here's a tip. Next time, take the photo first then list your item.

Regards,
    Kid

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    While the example Dave gave wasn't the worst any of us have seen, it's a perfect example of the instant gratification, give me what I want, whiney culture we live in now. I for one am glad he started the post, it's nice to know I'm not the only person fed up with this attitude problem.
    I would be careful in going from one incident - that we don't even know a lot about - to a commentary on all of society. After all, we don't even have the perspective of the "kid."

Yeah, I prefer kindness and transparency, and I don't like cowards who hide behind a computer to say what they wouldn't in person. But I don't know if this situation is enough to go all doom and gloom on today's world.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    I'd would jump to the other side and say that everyone is easily offended these days. And when they are, they must let everyone know about it. Why just change the radio station to one you like, when you can go picket in front of the one that doesn't sit well with you. Could a show like All In The Family be on TV in 2012? Don't think so. Too many people would be jumping into the spotlight to demand an apology.

Anyway, below is what I'd consider the rude version of the OP's posted message. See, it could have been much worse

Dude,

It's takes less than five *@#ing minutes to take a photo and email it. I'm not asking you to crop, resize, upload to Photobucket or add music. You can find the time to post a sale ad, but there's no time for photos? Really?

If you can't find time to send a photo, how in the name of all things holy will you possibly find the time to go stand in line at the post office? Or package it....or walk down to the mailbox to get my money order, because we sure as %$#@ know that opening a Paypal account would take even longer than sending photos.

Here's a tip. Next time, take the photo first then list your item.

Regards,
    Kid
    That is pretty %$#@ing funny!
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    I would be careful in going from one incident - that we don't even know a lot about - to a commentary on all of society. After all, we don't even have the perspective of the "kid."

Yeah, I prefer kindness and transparency, and I don't like cowards who hide behind a computer to say what they wouldn't in person. But I don't know if this situation is enough to go all doom and gloom on today's world.
    Les, I just see it as yet other example where we have been conditioned to be "ho-hum people being rude" And you are right, we don't know the entire story just that a comment that was rude and not considered outside normal practice.

Of course it could always be worse and of course the flip side that everyone is always a victim and wants a parade to declare their life unfair. It's terrible how we treat each other with no respect yet cannot find a way to forgive others for being rude.

What can I say, Mean People Suck.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com