Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blue bat for Father's Day in 2010 Facebook Group

We started a Facebook page, Blue Bats for Father's Day in 2010 back in June 2009. There are only 43 members to date. However we do have 148 signatures on the I-petition.

Liz started a thread asking whose on Facebook and it looks like we do have a small presence on it. So if you can please join our Blue Bats for Father's Day in 2010 group to show your support.

I know some of us have already joined so it would also help if you spread the word out to family and friends.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...0889414&ref=ts

Back in June we tried contacting MLB via email and got no response. (no surprise). Starting in Jan 2010 we'll try to draw more attention to the group and garner more support and attempt to try to reach out to MLB via other methods.

Thanks!
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Re: Blue bat for Father's Day in 2010 Facebook Group

Way to go! It is a great idea!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?...0889414&ref=ts

FYI just an update on this FB group.

We are now up to 220 members in this group!
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Ah sh*t!!!

I mistakenly signed up for Blue Balls on Valentine's Day.

we will launch that group in Feb (just for you Greg)
    metsbats86@aol.com

I agree its a great idea, but if I recall BMH stated that they are not for it due to the logistics involved in bringing another color for all the bats. I'm guessing the pink bats are tough on their operation.

Banned

If bats are not possible how about a blue patch on the jerseys and have the players wear blue cleats, batting gloves etc. Like the NFL does for breast cancer.

Post Re: Blue bat for Father's Day in 2010 Facebook Group

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    We are now up to 220 members in this group!

Make that 221 ...

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    If bats are not possible how about a blue patch on the jerseys and have the players wear blue cleats, batting gloves etc. Like the NFL does for breast cancer.
    Seinfeld reference but, "they wear the ribbon". For fathers day all MLB jerseys and I believe umpires all wear a ribbon blue patch on the chest much like the Mother's day pink ribbons. They also excessively wear blue armbands, the umpires wear them as well. Depending on the team, they will auction off the jerseys which I believe go to prostate cancer research.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    Seinfeld reference but, "they wear the ribbon". For fathers day all MLB jerseys and I believe umpires all wear a ribbon blue patch on the chest much like the Mother's day pink ribbons. They also excessively wear blue armbands, the umpires wear them as well. Depending on the team, they will auction off the jerseys which I believe go to prostate cancer research.
    Really? I have not seen one of these ever on the market. It is usually stars and stripes caps, Jackie Robinson Day jerseys and Pink bats that they seem to auction. They should do a better job getting it out there like they do with the aforementioned stuff. The pink bats to me are not desirable because they just look weird displayed among other sports stuff like a bunch of jerseys, regular bats and then theres this pink one. I would much rather have a regular bat and make a donation to the cancer research. Although I do like the pink captain's patch football jerseys because they are not all pink and they auction alot of players you cannot find any other no doubt about it authentic jerseys of.