Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: A-Rod suspended for full season

Quote Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
    what happened to the rest of the so called guilty list?
    If you actually paid attention, you would know that EVERY player listed in the Bio Genesis scandal (except for A-Fraud) took their penalties/punishments as deemed appropriate by MLB 'without question'. Including Braun.

It makes a damning indictment of A-Fraud to believe that he is the ONLY player on the list that is 'clean', when everyone else manned up and accepted their punishments.

He claims he's innocent, but won't testify on his own behalf...

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    If you actually paid attention, you would know that EVERY player listed in the Bio Genesis scandal (except for A-Fraud) took their penalties/punishments as deemed appropriate by MLB 'without question'. Including Braun.

It makes a damning indictment of A-Fraud to believe that he is the ONLY player on the list that is 'clean', when everyone else manned up and accepted their punishments.

Very well stated!

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post

He may be referring to the other 97 of the 104 players who test positive in 2003.

I'm sure once all this is over, there will be a movie made about this
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

The current article on MlB.com says that the MLBPA tried to prevent disclosure of parts of the arbitrator's opinion, but a federal judge blocked that, and indicated there was no reason the opinion shouldn't be public. After that, A-Rod's lawyer apparently put the opinion out in full.

His suit against the MLBPA is intended to maximize his slim chances of overturning the suspension by attacking all angles in the process. But the MLBPA's reply suggests they're not happy with their inclusion.

The MLBPA shouldn't have stated they disagreed with the decision.
    Unions leave a bad taste in the mouth when they stand by a member no matter what.
    Maybe he MLBPA will stop being so supportive of their cheating members after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    The MLBPA shouldn't have stated they disagreed with the decision.
    Unions leave a bad taste in the mouth when they stand by a member no matter what.
    Maybe he MLBPA will stop being so supportive of their cheating members after this.

The union cannot exist without its paying dues members - crooked or not.

And when the union throw its members under the bus like in this case - it might as well working MLB (as in managers) and do whatever they want.

Bottom line - they (both MLB and the union) are working in cahoot to target the highest paid player in the game to make an example of.

And if they get away with it now, what will stop them from doing it again in the future? Might as well have the mob running this scheme called MLB.

Getting pretty close to locking this thread!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Please no personal attacks. 5 day suspension has been issued.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Just wanted to post this for anyone who thinks that PED's don't give power and make you hit the ball farther. Ever since the Bonds fiasco there are those who claim that PED's don't help hit home runs.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...een-usada-says

U.S. Anti-Doping Agency CEO Travis Tygart told The Associated Press...
    "At the end of the day," Tygart said, "this was a potent cocktail of sophisticated PEDs stacked together to deliver power, aid recovery, avoid detection and create a home run champion."

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Just wanted to post this for anyone who thinks that PED's don't give power and make you hit the ball farther. Ever since the Bonds fiasco there are those who claim that PED's don't help hit home runs.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...een-usada-says

U.S. Anti-Doping Agency CEO Travis Tygart told The Associated Press...
    "At the end of the day," Tygart said, "this was a potent cocktail of sophisticated PEDs stacked together to deliver power, aid recovery, avoid detection and create a home run champion."

I guess the other 99% who got caught or not - should sue for false advertisement then ....

Jesus Montero - I should get my money back from all the gamers I picked up.

Francisco Cervelli - Where is your HR numbers, sir?

Come on, this remind of the commercial a while back - just because a fan wears authentic jersey like their idol, it doesn't mean you can hit HR like Hamilton.

If that was the case, I wear my Jeter's gamers (jersey, pant, bat, cleats and gloves) the next time I play baseball in the park....