Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: NFL AUCTIONS - Game Used

Quote Originally Posted by dcgreg25 View Post
    Another round of NFL Auctions jerseys closed last night. A few notables that had been discussed in this thread, it appears the Ronde Barber jersey actually went for more than the previous one as it closed at $1655. Wow! I was surprised to see this jersey go through the roof (again).

As a Browns collector, I also was watching the Browns jerseys pretty close and it was interesting to see where the brown jerseys (2nd auction) closed relative to the white jerseys (1st auction) that were auctioned off:

Josh Cribbs- 1st Auction- $905, 2nd $1389 (53% increase)
    Jamal Lewis- 1st. Auction (GU) $980, 2nd (GI) $585 (40% decrease though comparing GU to GI)
    Phil Dawson- 1st Auction $407, 2nd $480.50 (18% increase)
    Joe Thomas- 1st Auction $1410, 2nd $815 (42% decrease)

I could not find the price on the first D'Qwell Jackson jersey. Interesting to see the comparison between first and second jerseys sold. While the Lewis probably should not be factored in because the first was GU and the 2nd was GI, it appears there is a pretty wide variation in the hammer prices between first and second auctions. I would be interested to see here if this held true for other teams' jerseys that sold both home and road versions of the pink patch jerseys.

That Barber jersey was the same one from a couple weeks ago. The winning bidder probably didn't pay. It's the same two guys again bidding it up. I think it's some contest between both of them.LOL Watch you'll see the same one up again in a week or so if that bidder doesn't pay !

Quote Originally Posted by tjm5711 View Post
    That Barber jersey was the same one from a couple weeks ago. The winning bidder probably didn't pay. It's the same two guys again bidding it up. I think it's some contest between both of them.LOL Watch you'll see the same one up again in a week or so if that bidder doesn't pay !

They should be banned from the site then...how can you bid up an item, not pay, and then be allowed to drive the price up once again??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dcgreg25 View Post
    Another round of NFL Auctions jerseys closed last night. A few notables that had been discussed in this thread, it appears the Ronde Barber jersey actually went for more than the previous one as it closed at $1655. Wow! I was surprised to see this jersey go through the roof (again).

As a Browns collector, I also was watching the Browns jerseys pretty close and it was interesting to see where the brown jerseys (2nd auction) closed relative to the white jerseys (1st auction) that were auctioned off:

Josh Cribbs- 1st Auction- $905, 2nd $1389 (53% increase)
    Jamal Lewis- 1st. Auction (GU) $980, 2nd (GI) $585 (40% decrease though comparing GU to GI)
    Phil Dawson- 1st Auction $407, 2nd $480.50 (18% increase)
    Joe Thomas- 1st Auction $1410, 2nd $815 (42% decrease)

I could not find the price on the first D'Qwell Jackson jersey. Interesting to see the comparison between first and second jerseys sold. While the Lewis probably should not be factored in because the first was GU and the 2nd was GI, it appears there is a pretty wide variation in the hammer prices between first and second auctions. I would be interested to see here if this held true for other teams' jerseys that sold both home and road versions of the pink patch jerseys.
    You got a steal on the Thomas he is a perfect 3 for 3 in pro bowls so far, playing for the Browns and he is still only 25 which is just scary. The Barber went excessively high but it is the same two guys as last time on what appears to be the same jersey who don't seem to bid on anything else so who knows what is going on with that. Overall there was not much on there this week and I think that will continue for awhile since the season is over. Although I expect a surge during the two weeks leading up to the Super Bowl. I am curious as to whether playoff or probowl worn jerseys will go on there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt28 View Post
    They should be banned from the site then...how can you bid up an item, not pay, and then be allowed to drive the price up once again??
    I have no idea. But what else explains the same jersey being up again. NFL Auctions(in every item I have bought from them) put the picture of the exact item up. A friend of mine who has been trying to win this jersey both times saved the pictures from the Auction a couple weeks ago. He says the pictures are exactly the same. Like I said, It will probably be back up again soon if they don't pay again. Just watch, I mean how many pink "C" patch Barber jerseys are there?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt28 View Post
    They do not ban people if you don't pay you just lose your right to the item. This has happened alot on there. The Ahmed Carroll and Dwight Lowery Jets throwbacks were relisted and the Chris Hovan international series was just relisted as just a couple of examples. I think that rather than relist they should offer it to the next highest bidder but for some reason they don't do that.

I have also noticed duplicate items coming back up for auction, but I am of the belief that they are not the same item....... they just look very similar!

I thought that everyone needed an active CC at all times to be able to bid. Once, I even received an e-mail from the NFL during an active auction stating that my card was no longer active and needed to be updated.

To further strengthen my claim, I purchased the previous Hovan International Jersey that sold and it is a great item. It is so disgusting and smelly that it had to have been worn the entire game! The new one listed looks much cleaner and is not signed.

I would love to hear the NFL's take on the Duplicates. Its easy to say that they are coming back because people aren't paying, but duplicates are happening way too often.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    I have also noticed duplicate items coming back up for auction, but I am of the belief that they are not the same item....... they just look very similar!

I thought that everyone needed an active CC at all times to be able to bid. Once, I even received an e-mail from the NFL during an active auction stating that my card was no longer active and needed to be updated.

To further strengthen my claim, I purchased the previous Hovan International Jersey that sold and it is a great item. It is so disgusting and smelly that it had to have been worn the entire game! The new one listed looks much cleaner and is not signed.

I would love to hear the NFL's take on the Duplicates. Its easy to say that they are coming back because people aren't paying, but duplicates are happening way too often.
    Hmm. My theory was a credit card can also be a credit/debit card and if someone does not have the necessary funds in his or her account the transaction will not go through. So I thought that was what people might be doing. But and this is why I love this forum you have proved that some of the items are in fact duplicates. So the only other theory i have is that some players wore multiple jerseys in the same game. The thing I am really stuck on though is Ronde Barber is back on there, what did he change jerseys after every play or something?

Banned

Wow Cards jerseys are now up. I hope this means Warner and Fitzgerald are coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Wow Cards jerseys are now up. I hope this means Warner and Fitzgerald are coming soon.

SB weekend maybe?

Doesn't make much sense to me......I have requested a response from the NFL and will post it as soon as I hear back from them.

I own at least 3 of the items that are up again. The odd part is that some of these Jerseys are so beat to crap and smell like they have been worn for a whole season, I can't imagine them swapping Jerseys. I know that they do it in alot of other sports, but the NFL Jerseys are actually put on the shoulder pads with a mechanism. I couldn't imagine them doing that during the game.