Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: Is Collecting Going To Far......eBay This!

[quote=cordovacollector;149152]I agree, Godwulf, I thought it was kinda gross too. Some day will see some player spit out a nasty wad of chew and it'll end up for sale.

Helen:

It's already happened (sort of)...,

While playing for Arizona, Luis Gonzalez spit out a wad of bubble gum onto the field. The ABC gum was retrieved and put on eBay for a charity auction.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Banned

if it is for charity it is not listed as a charity auction on ebay as per ebay rules.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    It's already happened (sort of)...,

While playing for Arizona, Luis Gonzalez spit out a wad of bubble gum onto the field. The ABC gum was retrieved and put on eBay for a charity auction.
    We should have a little green ~barf~ smilie ....

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    [It's already happened (sort of)...,

Dave M.
    Chicago area
    As I recall, the infamous gum was retrieved, according to the owner, during a 2002 Spring Training game. I'm not sure if the auction for that particular wad of gum was allowed to proceed, due to questions about the gum's authenticity, but Gonzo did, a short time later, contribute a different wad of chewed gum for a charity auction. The Topps Company also made this one-of-a-kind "bubble gum comic" art piece, had Gonzo sign it, and auctioned it for charity.

I won that auction, but my sister insisted on buying it for me. It was featured in a Sport Illustrated article about "odd collectibles", and I got an email from the original gum-finder (who I'd outbid) asking who the heck I was.

Did you win the comic art work? Do you still own the gum? Can you post a picture?