Login My Account

Subscribe

About Us

Contact Us

Contact Forum Moderator GameUsedForum.com Archive

Go Back   Game Used Forums > Vintage Memorabilia Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vintage Memorabilia Discussion Discussions of all types of vintage related memorabilia.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:40 PM

Default Purchased Some Old Minor League Caps, Need Help ID'ing

I recently purchased four vintage Minor League caps that appear to be from the 60s. I figured out that the two red ones are the Macon Peaches and Knoxville Smokies.

Does anyone have an idea about the "H" logo and the goofy-looking cat? Even Jerry Cohen of Ebbets Field Flannels is stumped. The cat cap was worn by Tom Tischinski, who played for the Twins for parts of three seasons and spent time in the A's, Reds, and Twins farm systems. It has his name underneath. There is no team that he played for that has a name that would match this cap.

Anything helps. I greatly appreciate it.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Purchased Some Old Minor League Caps, Need Help ID'ing

Charlotte hornets?
Old 04-19-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier39 View Post
Charlotte hornets?
That's what I have thinking, but it's rare to not have the first letter of the city on the cap.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:38 PM

Back in those days a lot of players played in Mexico and other places in the winter; that's my best guess since I could imagine a team called the "gatos" in the Mexican League.

Another option would be to send Tom a letter and ask him, but from the sounds of it he might be a little ornery. A google search found the "Baseball by the Letters" blogger saying he wrote him and asked him some questions and he sent back his autograph but wrote back "I only do the autograph" and wouldn't answer any of his questions!

Anyway, looks like he lives in Kansas City.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:54 PM

Thanks for the advice, topekabob. I contacted the owner of that blog and I'll be sending a letter out soon. Since these caps once belonged to him and I'm not really asking for anything other than an answer, I'm hoping he'll be less ornery.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:18 PM

Let us know if you get an answer! Now you have me curious. That is one unique cap!