Login My Account

Subscribe

About Us

Contact Us

Contact Forum Moderator GameUsedForum.com Archive

Go Back   Game Used Forums > Auction Item Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Auction Item Discussion Discuss items that are available in various auction venues. Please note this folder is NOT intended to list items for sale.

Old 02-27-2006, 08:17 AM

Default Re: Lou Gehrig Signed Bat With Frangipani Coa

two Qs come to mind:

what did dave mediema do wrong? I remember dealing with him long ago and thought he was a straight-up guy.

Does anyone here go to www.autographalert.com? It's an interesting read, but I'm a little put off by the anonymity of it.

Ken
Old 02-27-2006, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan
what did dave mediema do wrong? I remember dealing with him long ago and thought he was a straight-up guy.
Hello Ken-

As someone who has heard that name before, I was actually surprised to see the name "Dave Niedema a.k.a. Dave Madiema" show up in the Questionable/Prohibited items in eBay. BTW, here is a link to the page:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/rulesandsafety/42020005.html

However, I also noticed the way the name is spelled on eBay is different than the "Dave Miedema" I have heard about in the hobby. To avoid any potential confusion (especially for people like me who do not know about this first hand), does anyone know if the person eBay is referring to is the same Dave Miedema who wrote the "Shirt off my Back" column, etc.? I would hate to see Dave Miedema's name mistakenly associated with questionable items.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
Old 02-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Banned

Default Various Answers

The site you refer to, www.autographalert.com, is affilated/run by Mike Frost, Stephen Koschal, and/or IADA-CC.

These two individuals also operate the authentication service: Professional Autograph Authentication Services (PAAS).

They are also owners/operators of International Autograph Collectors Club& Dealers Alliance (IADA-CC).

These individuals are often in conflict with the services/authenticators of PSA/DNA.

The address and some of the officers of the IADA-CC are the same as the mailing address of autographalert.com as shown below.

William C. Decker / President-IADA-CC / P.O. Box 848486, Hollywood, FL 33084
Richard Scott / Vice President-IADA-CC / P.O. Box 848486, Hollywood, FL 33084
Mike Frost / Treasurer-IADA-CC / P.O. Box 848486, Hollywood, FL 33084 Stephen Koschal / Executive Director / PO Box 744, Boynton Beach, FL 33425

The mailing address for www.autographalert.com is:
Attn: Autograph Alert / P.O. Box 848486 / Hollywood, FL 33084

In regard to the eBay banned authenticator listing of Dave Niedema a.k.a. Dave Madiema, it is the same Dave Miedema.

There was a dealer on eBay knowingly selling unused jerseys as game used.

A lot of these jerseys had Grey Flannel Letters of Authenticity.

The FBI arrested this individual for various crimes associated with the sale of these jerseys, and Dave Miedema was the fall guy at Grey Flannel.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:45 AM

Sammy, thanks for the info!!

Out of all the authenticators written about in SCD, the only one I was impressed with was the PAAS guy. At least he wasn't 24 years old!

Too bad about Dave; I'd still deal with him.

Ken
Old 02-27-2006, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier
However, I also noticed the way the name is spelled on eBay is different than the "Dave Miedema" I have heard about in the hobby. To avoid any potential confusion (especially for people like me who do not know about this first hand), does anyone know if the person eBay is referring to is the same Dave Miedema who wrote the "Shirt off my Back" column, etc.? I would hate to see Dave Miedema's name mistakenly associated with questionable items.
Chris, yes it is the same Dave Miedema from the old SCD columns. I have no idea why they have his name misspelled, I never heard of him intentionally mis-representing his name. Maybe someone wrote some letters intentionally mis-spelling Dave's name at one time?

If only the newbies on this site could read Dave's old SCD articles. He knew his stuff, that was for sure.

@TheJoelAlpert

Actively buying unique vintage sports memorabilia, genuine autographs of Muhammad Ali, George Foreman, Mickey Mantle and others plus old US currency...
Old 02-27-2006, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche544
http://cgi.ebay.com/Extremely-rare-Lou-Gehrig-autographed-bat_W0QQitemZ8771420055QQcategoryZ27261QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

I REMEMBER READING EBAY RULES STATING THAT ANYONE SELLING MEMORABILIA WITH A FRANGIPANI COA'S IS NOT ALLOWED ON THE SITE. IS THAT STILL A RULE?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8772183336

You'll be happy to see the new auction doesn't show a close-up for the Frangipani LOA.

@TheJoelAlpert

Actively buying unique vintage sports memorabilia, genuine autographs of Muhammad Ali, George Foreman, Mickey Mantle and others plus old US currency...
Old 03-24-2006, 04:57 PM

8783873087I just tried to report the above item number to ebay because the COA for it is from North Shore Sports, and the ebay system will not accept the number. it apparently is OK to sell the item through YOUR STORE on ebay you just can't sell it at auction.