Login My Account

Subscribe

About Us

Contact Us







Contact Forum Moderator GameUsedForum.com Archive

Go Back   Game Used Forums > Game Used Memorabilia Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Game Used Memorabilia Discussion General discussions of game used related memorabilia.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 07-30-2009, 02:54 PM
3arod13's Avatar
3arod13 3arod13 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,768
Default Re: Manny and Big Popout Tested Positive in 2003

How many of you believe the number is limited to 104? Meaning, do you believe there were others?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Jags Fan Dan Jags Fan Dan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,283
Default Re: Manny and Big Popout Tested Positive in 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
How many of you believe the number is limited to 104? Meaning, do you believe there were others?
Others who tested positive or others that were using? Obviously, there were more using than 104, I have to believe. As for others who tested positive, the world may never know.
__________________
Dan Sullivan

Now offering a standing $25 finders fee to any lead on a Mark Brunell game used item that I end up acquiring.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-31-2009, 08:13 AM
cohibasmoker cohibasmoker is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,974
Default Re: Manny and Big Popout Tested Positive in 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
With all these reports of positive users in 2003, has anyone seen any official documentation (proof) to back it up? Maybe I missed it.
Bingo - down the road, that will be the argument of the players on the list - "Where's the Proof"? Well, guess what, who was responsible for preserving the "Chain of Evidence"? You betcha - our pal, the Commissioner of Baseball.


Jim
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-31-2009, 08:39 AM
suicide_squeeze suicide_squeeze is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,412
Default Re: Manny and Big Popout Tested Positive in 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post
Bingo - down the road, that will be the argument of the players on the list - "Where's the Proof"? Well, guess what, who was responsible for preserving the "Chain of Evidence"? You betcha - our pal, the Commissioner of Baseball.


Jim

Jim,

If these arrogant overpaid a-"(place holes between these quotes)" want to take that approach, then they are sealing their own fait.

At this point, I don't believe fans have any remaining patience or acceptance of the steroid issue. It's old, no one likes a cheater, and at this point if one surfaces, it's public stoning to death.

We need to "release the beast"......the 104 list.......and let the healing begin already. Did you guys see Ozzie Guillen's schmeal on it on Sports Center last night? He's an insider......a baseball guy......and he said it about as clearly as it could be said: Release the list and lets move on!

David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez have had, essentially, worthless careers. The reason is because everything they accomplished in it is now tarnished to the point of no return. NO ONE will ever accept their two World Championships as worthy. And if you guys think it started and stopped with them, I got news for you......look into Jason Varitek's life, and let's not let Mr. Wonderful off the hook either, Curt Schilling. I'd bet the ranch he cheated.....but privately (meaning he let noone else know about it).

Lastly, there is no QUESTION there were many many more than just the 104 names that surfaced. I'll hazzard a guess that it's closer to what that living breathing piece of Cuban human waste Jose Canseco said in the first place......probably 80% of the players have "used" at one point or another before and/or during their career.

Selig has a wonderful legacy to take with his Geek self when he leaves the game.......
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-31-2009, 09:41 AM
pags13 pags13 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 87
Default Re: Manny and Big Popout Tested Positive in 2003

ROID SOX.....World Champs 2004/2007
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-31-2009, 10:11 AM
nationals2k9's Avatar
nationals2k9 nationals2k9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 585
Default Re: Manny and Big Popout Tested Positive in 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez have had, essentially, worthless careers.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-31-2009, 10:50 AM
David David is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 1,433
Default Re: Manny and Big Popout Tested Positive in 2003

If the players were told they tested positive, there's nothing stopping the players from revealing the names on the list. Players' complaints about the "outside drip, drip of names" would thus be pretty dubious. I see Nomar Garciaparra is complaining about this slow release of names. Makes you wonder if he knows his 2003 test result. He's also saying how the list might not even be legitimate, which falls under the category "I think he doth protest too much."
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-31-2009, 11:00 AM
David David is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 1,433
Default Re: Manny and Big Popout Tested Positive in 2003

I might be jaded, but some might see Garciaparra's theories about the illegitimacy the list as laying down some base talking points for when the full list is revealed.

One of his "ideas" was that some players didn't take the test and told the Union to mark them down as positive. These "phantom positives" were from players who wanted future testing so wanted enough positive to invoke it. Garciaparra said that the list thus has numerous positive tests from players who not only didn't use PEDs but never took the test. It was soon after revealed that players were only listed as positive after the submitted a urine simple that failed. But it was a nice try (not quite), Nomar.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-31-2009, 06:17 PM
gamer35 gamer35 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 240
Default Re: Manny and Big Popout Tested Positive in 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
Jim,

If these arrogant overpaid a-"(place holes between these quotes)" want to take that approach, then they are sealing their own fait.

At this point, I don't believe fans have any remaining patience or acceptance of the steroid issue. It's old, no one likes a cheater, and at this point if one surfaces, it's public stoning to death.

We need to "release the beast"......the 104 list.......and let the healing begin already. Did you guys see Ozzie Guillen's schmeal on it on Sports Center last night? He's an insider......a baseball guy......and he said it about as clearly as it could be said: Release the list and lets move on!

David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez have had, essentially, worthless careers. The reason is because everything they accomplished in it is now tarnished to the point of no return. NO ONE will ever accept their two World Championships as worthy. And if you guys think it started and stopped with them, I got news for you......look into Jason Varitek's life, and let's not let Mr. Wonderful off the hook either, Curt Schilling. I'd bet the ranch he cheated.....but privately (meaning he let noone else know about it).

Lastly, there is no QUESTION there were many many more than just the 104 names that surfaced. I'll hazzard a guess that it's closer to what that living breathing piece of Cuban human waste Jose Canseco said in the first place......probably 80% of the players have "used" at one point or another before and/or during their career.

Selig has a wonderful legacy to take with his Geek self when he leaves the game.......
If you think Manny has had a worthless career, then you have some worthless home run balls I wouldnt mind taking off your hands.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-31-2009, 10:04 PM
suicide_squeeze suicide_squeeze is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,412
Default Re: Manny and Big Popout Tested Positive in 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer35 View Post
If you think Manny has had a worthless career, then you have some worthless home run balls I wouldnt mind taking off your hands.


Here's to hoping for the best. I paid a TON for his 521st.....and quite a bit for #'s 520 and 527.

Just being frank and honest, I just can't stand it that these pieces of character-less integrity-void cretins have destroyed the game so thoroughly. Just makes me sick with anger.

After the spineless ameoba named Selig leaves commissionership, someone with roots to Landis (you know....someone who actually has a set) needs to be seated and make a decision to asterisk anyone of the players who were found, beyond reasonable doubt, to have participated in taking PED's. Then it just won't matter if one or two slip through the cracks into the Hall......the ones who get busted will eventually roll over, and everyone who was ANYONE in the group (and era) of cheaters will be exposed. Let's get there already so we can get back to the game and enjoy if like the good old days.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:42 PM.
This forum was originally created by Eric Stangel as a way to bring game used collectors together and help hobbyists educate each other.


Copyright 2005 Game Used Universe, Inc. All rights reserved