Login My Account

Subscribe

About Us

Contact Us







Contact Forum Moderator GameUsedForum.com Archive

Go Back   Game Used Forums > Game Used Memorabilia Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Game Used Memorabilia Discussion General discussions of game used related memorabilia.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-14-2011, 10:43 AM
onlyalbert onlyalbert is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 646
Default Re: Photo Matched Bryce Harper bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
Since it was 2 inches longer it sounds like this may be a bat he only uses for BP. He has been known to use very long and heavy bats in BP.

There is a great video of him in the cages in Las Vegas :

http://www.nationalsenquirer.com/201...-on-earth.html
Lets see some pics of the knob. May be able to match it to the video too!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-14-2011, 11:14 AM
nationals2k9's Avatar
nationals2k9 nationals2k9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 585
Default Re: Photo Matched Bryce Harper bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanservitto View Post
I agree, but doesn't the marks on the bat indicate the presence of a donut ring!?!?! Just throwing that out there.

-Tony
He can always use a donut getting loose for BP

Are you going to keep the bat 100% and see how he does the next few years? It'd be a tough call for me seeing what happened to Strasburg though it probably takes more bad luck to lose a swing than it does to hurt an arm. And nothing says SS won't bounce back. Wonder how other collectors will view this bat is comparison to other Harper bats if you can build a solid package for the photomatch and first pro game, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-14-2011, 11:19 AM
allstarsplus's Avatar
allstarsplus allstarsplus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,503
Default Re: Photo Matched Bryce Harper bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanservitto View Post
I agree, but doesn't the marks on the bat indicate the presence of a donut ring!?!?! Just throwing that out there.

-Tony
I saw him warm-up outside the cage with a sleeve so maybe/maybe not.
To me as a huge Nationals collector, it doesn't matter much as any "used" bat of his that can be sourced properly will be huge if he lives up to his potential. This bat could possibly be his 1st pro BP bat.

What this kid has accomplished in High School, College and the AFL has been nothing short of amazing. We know his real age so this isn't a kid from another country where we question "is he really 18?".

I have met him and seen him in person. Just hoping all goes to the optimum plan and he lives up to his own expectations.
__________________
Regards,
Andrew Lang
AllstarsPlus@aol.com
202-716-8500
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-14-2011, 11:40 AM
OaklandAsFan OaklandAsFan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 744
Default Re: Photo Matched Bryce Harper bat

Andrew what was your perception of him on a personal/professional level?

During the fall league he was very standoffish with the fans and spent much time with his headphones on and his head down. I don't necessarily think it was he is a bad guy i think it was more a case of a huge crush of people that he is demand by and being so young it is very overwhelming.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Hog Hog is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 72
Default Re: Photo Matched Bryce Harper bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OaklandAsFan View Post
Andrew what was your perception of him on a personal/professional level?

During the fall league he was very standoffish with the fans and spent much time with his headphones on and his head down. I don't necessarily think it was he is a bad guy i think it was more a case of a huge crush of people that he is demand by and being so young it is very overwhelming.
I have heard he can be a "dick". But I am totally fine with that. He is an athlete not a role model. Ty Cobb was a dick...
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Hog Hog is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 72
Default Re: Photo Matched Bryce Harper bat

If this is his BP bat I am totally fine with that. I now know he had and used the bat the night of his Professional Debut. In my mind that is pretty damn special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nationals2k9 View Post

Are you going to keep the bat 100% and see how he does the next few years? It'd be a tough call for me seeing what happened to Strasburg though it probably takes more bad luck to lose a swing than it does to hurt an arm. And nothing says SS won't bounce back. Wonder how other collectors will view this bat is comparison to other Harper bats if you can build a solid package for the photomatch and first pro game, etc.
I guess everything has it's price, but I am pretty sure I want to hold on to this for a while. Best case scenario is that he accomplishes his goal and becomes "The best player that has ever played the game, I want to be the best hitter who's ever played the game. I want to hit .430" Worst case is he just stays the most hyped prospect since Jesus.

He is basically the Tiger Woods of baseball. He played in his six year old brothers little league team when he was 3... That is part of what makes him a "Dick". He has done nothing but live baseball since birth. Here a piece ESPN did on him before the draft. http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4394893

Back to the bat. I will post some more pics as requested. What are some worth estimates for a package with prof that this is the bat he used at his pro debut?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-14-2011, 01:15 PM
allstarsplus's Avatar
allstarsplus allstarsplus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,503
Default Re: Photo Matched Bryce Harper bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OaklandAsFan View Post
Andrew what was your perception of him on a personal/professional level?

During the fall league he was very standoffish with the fans and spent much time with his headphones on and his head down. I don't necessarily think it was he is a bad guy i think it was more a case of a huge crush of people that he is demand by and being so young it is very overwhelming.
My family was part of a video VIP reception w/ Bryce Harper at his 1st Nats appearance in Washington after he signed his contract.

He was very nice and willing to sign anything they had so he signed their shirts and a baseball for each of them.

Name:  Bryce_Harper_Jake_2010a.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  16.0 KB

Name:  Bryce_Harper_Jake_2010b.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  17.1 KB

Name:  Bryce_Harper_Jake_2010c.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  18.0 KB
__________________
Regards,
Andrew Lang
AllstarsPlus@aol.com
202-716-8500
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Hog Hog is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 72
Default Re: Photo Matched Bryce Harper bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
My family was part of a video VIP reception w/ Bryce Harper at his 1st Nats appearance in Washington after he signed his contract.

He was very nice and willing to sign anything they had so he signed their shirts and a baseball for each of them.

Attachment 47276

Attachment 47277

Attachment 47278

Anyone that gets 9.9 mill should be more than happy to sign a few things for some kids haha.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Hog Hog is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 72
Default Re: Photo Matched Bryce Harper bat

Does anyone know if MLB will allow him to use his "Bible Bats"? I know there was a thread talking about him using a bat with "Luke 1:37" on it instead of his name, but do we know if the MLB will allow him to continue using it or will he have to switch to just his name.

I think that would make this bat significantly more rare if they don't let him use the bible verse any more.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Manram Manram is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,127
Default Re: Photo Matched Bryce Harper bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
Does anyone know if MLB will allow him to use his "Bible Bats"? I know there was a thread talking about him using a bat with "Luke 1:37" on it instead of his name, but do we know if the MLB will allow him to continue using it or will he have to switch to just his name.

I think that would make this bat significantly more rare if they don't let him use the bible verse any more.
I dont see why they wouldn't let him. A player should be able to have whatever engraved into their bats that they want
__________________
Manny Gonzalez
manny.gonzalez262@gmail.com
Always looking for Game used helmets
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:34 PM.
This forum was originally created by Eric Stangel as a way to bring game used collectors together and help hobbyists educate each other.


Copyright 2005 Game Used Universe, Inc. All rights reserved